League Realignment

Dan-Cincinnati

Re: League Realignment

Postby Dan-Cincinnati » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:37 am

I agree Steve. Thats why i figured maybe its best left to the league officers to decide who they actually think the best coaches are, in order. Definitely shouldnt just consider last season only.

At the end of the day you cant possibly make it perfect. But trying to sort it based on real life NFL divisions and team names really makes no sense to me at this point. Even if you are 5, and stuck in the division with #1, you still only need to beat out #9 and #12 to secure a playoff spot. And at the same time, maybe provide a little resistance for #1.

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:32 pm

Dan-Seattle wrote:Maybe not a snake tho now that I think about it...that would leave the best team with the 8th best team as his closest competitor. So maybe start back at the top instead of snaking back...so the divisions would have (1,5,9) (2,6,10) (3,7,11) (4,8,12)....now at first glance this would give the bottom 2 divisions 3,7,11 and 4,8,12 a big advantage so maybe we offset that by giving these 2 divisions 1 open team each and the other 2 divisions get the 2 open teams. So (1,5,9 in NFC), (2,6,10 in AFC), (3,7,11 in AFC), (4,8,12 NFC)

I still think snaking is better especially how things are now. With 1 and 2 being so clearly define. I don't think it make a huge difference in the divisions of 1 and 2 if it is 5,6 or 7,8 but having 4 and 5 and 3 and 6 in the same division could make for interesting battles. I don't think it should beholden to record strength of schedule etc. I think if Rich and Charlie could do a great job of ranking coaches 1-12. In all honesty I am good with whatever. I just want to play some Football.

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:33 pm

After discussion with Charlie and Jerry, we have decided to go like this:

CIN (Dan)
JAX (Matt)
NE (open)
NYJ (Thomas)

DEN (open)
KC (Dean)
LAC (Steve)
OAK (Mitch)