so what are your solutions to this...

James-Eagles

Re: so what are your solutions to this...

Postby James-Eagles » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:36 pm

Dean-Kansas City wrote:
Steve-LA Chargers wrote:DL executing a zone is LEGAL & REALISTIC. It's a common means to executing a zone blitz. i.e. when the team blitzes a linebacker or defensive back, then drops a defensive lineman into pass coverage.

Be careful with wide player ratings. I think it inevitably resulted in the extreme blowouts in the XFBS.

Yes it did, but keep in mind the most winning teams got most of the "blue chip" which compounded the problem. And the blue chips were more than 10 ratings points better...

It comes down to PPP
I went 6-10 and lost 3 games by 2 or less with this roster.

http://pnfl.biz/Seasons/2024/2024%20PNFL_roster.htm#A18

Seriously stop worrying about rule changes and fix your PPP.

Dean that was the only season you won more than 7 games in a season. Heck since 2025 you have won more than 4 games in a seasons twice. It isn't the rules that are the problem when the rest of us are doing just find. I am pretty sure most of us spend more time editing our PPP then we spend worrying about stats and rules.

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:16 pm

Lions-James wrote:Seriously stop worrying about rule changes and fix your PPP.

Dean that was the only season you won more than 7 games in a season. Heck since 2025 you have won more than 4 games in a seasons twice. It isn't the rules that are the problem when the rest of us are doing just find. I am pretty sure most of us spend more time editing our PPP then we spend worrying about stats and rules.

You've had several 5-6 win seasons with rosters that were loaded, that others in this league would win 12-14 games with. Not saying those others includes me, it doesn't, but GMs here have won the super bowl with fewer first round draft picks than your roster has had.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:10 am

Dean-Kansas City wrote:
Lions-James wrote:Seriously stop worrying about rule changes and fix your PPP.

You've had several 5-6 win seasons with rosters that were loaded, that others in this league would win 12-14 games with. Not saying those others includes me, it doesn't, but GMs here have won the super bowl with fewer first round draft picks than your roster has had.

Yes you mean the last 3 season where I have simmed a single match up. Yea I will take it. Though your statement prove my point.
I am a .500 about coach in this league I am not as good as the good coaches but not as bad as some. I also have never claimed to be.

The reason anyone does poorly is their PPP. It isn't the rules we all play under them. It isn't your roster since people have done better with worst rosters. It is your PPP. The main focus if you want to win is PPP and it isnt' even close to the point roster management is an after thought. That is why I push for no cap or contracts because then it would give the weaker coaches more time to focus on PPP and hopefully catch up . None of us will be good as preparing as Justin but we should easily be able to catch up to most of the other owners. A little tip Rich gave a long time ago, Defense is where you should spend most of your time.

This is what made PNFL special other sim leagues were more about GM and building your roster. PNFL is about the PPP and you need to bring your A game to win. We have some of the best parity we have had in long time we need to not be messing it.

Return to “Trash Talk”