Garbage plays called in simmed games

This forum is dedicated to sharing tips, tricks and best practices for everything FbPro98
Dean-Atlanta

Garbage plays called in simmed games

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:45 pm

I am running some sims to test new plays and suddenly I am getting audibles and what look like stock plays getting called even though none of that is in or allowed by the profiles. I can't find any setting in the game or ini file that allow this. What do I need to fix or change to stop this garbage? Have any of y ou seen this before?

garbageplays.jpg
garbageplays.jpg (88.82 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Jerry-Redskins

Re: Garbage plays called in simmed games

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:06 pm

I have seen the GLP D issue, but the above is new to me and leads me to believe it has to be play calls in the profile that do not have plays. Like accidentally using PLL and not noticing by accident. Definitely profile issue I think
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:59 pm

The game plans have all play categories represented. I hadn't changed the profiles and it was running fine. It was just the last 2 sets of sims this started happening with no change in profiles. Look at the play names, they don't even match stock plays, they are names like 167hook and 272flat. I've never seen those in any game or sim.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:23 pm

Using same teams and PPPs, I ran one game, fully played, not simmed, and zero garbage plays zero audibles. That only happens during simming only. Is there some setting I could have inadvertently changed to cause that?
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

- Jerry Glanville

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:50 am

Are you using the correct League? Are you using the correct Play files? I cannot find these plays anywhere, even in the Stock plays. Can you access these plays in the Play Editor?

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:04 am

Everything is set up correct, right files, PPPs, etc. Sims ran normal for about 5 rounds of edits of the new plays, then suddenly started doing audibles and audibled plays, which is what those are, they are not in stock plays and can not be found in the play editor. But they show up in log files ONLY in simmed, not played, games. The sims were running normally, then wiothout any change in .league files or PPPs, these audibled plays started showing up in the logs.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

- Jerry Glanville

Barney - Vikings

Postby Barney - Vikings » Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:53 am

Open the profile you’re using. There will be a checkbox next to “Yards to Go”. It says “Use Audible”, deselect that checkbox.

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:38 am

It is and has been unchecked, including before this problem started.

profile.jpg
profile.jpg (123.3 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

- Jerry Glanville

Neil-Raiders

Postby Neil-Raiders » Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:07 pm

I have no idea what's causing this (file corruption?), but have you done a search to identify where the odd plays "167hook and 272flat" etc. are coming from? I'm assuming they have to be in a directory somewhere in your VM.

Have you tried setting up everything the same in another VM to see if you get the same issue?

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:24 pm

No but it has to be a setting change, because I changed to default to PCFL files then changed back, and it started doing that. There are no plays anywhere with those names, those are audibles, which are disabled in the profiles.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

- Jerry Glanville

Return to “Coach's Corner”