Introducing WinLogStats PDB to Excel converter

Brian-Broncos

Re: Introducing WinLogStats PDB to Excel converter

Postby Brian-Broncos » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:07 am

Guys, don't forget to get the DB exactly as you want it prior to running this utility. You still have to move pass plays that get flagged as run plays back to the pass tab and vice versa prior to running this or it will create an excel file with those pass plays under the run sheet.

Matt has convinced me I should move the data. So you're aware, any data moved isn't accurate, particularly for pass plays logged as a run - even when moved within WinLogStats.

For example, in a season of data, take a pass play logged in rush data as 20 attempts for -13 yards. If moved in WinLogSacks to pass data, this would get logged as 20 sacks (pretty sure), when really it should be 5 10-yard sacks and 15 QB runs for 37 yards, or 19 sacks and one 80-yard QB run. There is no way to know.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. - George Carlin

Neil-Raiders

Postby Neil-Raiders » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:20 pm

This is no perfect solution so I think the best compromise would be to disregard non-timed passes that turn into a 'run'. WinLogStats at least tracks the 'pure' sacks for these plays and there are usually only a handful for any given play in a season. However, since WinLogStats doesn't track sacks from timed passes it would be very helpful if each of these 'runs' (for negative yardage) could be included as sacks instead.

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:04 pm

There are run plays that show up as pass plays as well.

I setup my macro recorder to move all the plays to the appropriate run or pass before i convert to xlsx. If the converter coukd do that automatically, that's great! If not, im greatful for what we have already.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Brian-Broncos

Re: Introducing WinLogStats PDB to Excel converter [Big Update]

Postby Brian-Broncos » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:57 pm

Big update available now!

New features:
  • Converts pass play data stored as rush data (e.g. timing pass sacks)
  • Converts rush play data stored as pass data (e.g. run play completions)
  • Total stats for each play
  • *Double-click sorting of any column (press F2 if you wish to enter Excel edit-mode)
  • Prompts before overwriting a file
  • Includes a .bat file for easier launching
  • Config settings to control conversion behavior and to enable/disable total stats for each play
*Requires file extension .xlsm (use extension .xlsx if you don't want double-click sorting)
*Requires macros to be enabled
*Not compatible with OpenOffice
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. - George Carlin

Mitch-Oilers

Re: Introducing WinLogStats PDB to Excel converter [Big Update]

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:53 pm

Brian-Broncos wrote:Big update available now!

New features:
  • Converts pass play data stored as rush data (e.g. timing pass sacks)
  • Converts rush play data stored as pass data (e.g. run play completions)
  • Total stats for each play
  • *Double-click sorting of any column (press F2 if you wish to enter Excel edit-mode)
  • Prompts before overwriting a file
  • Includes a .bat file for easier launching
  • Config settings to control conversion behavior and to enable/disable total stats for each play
*Requires file extension .xlsm (use extension .xlsx if you don't want double-click sorting)
*Requires macros to be enabled
*Not compatible with OpenOffice

Just loaded the update... Amazing!

Thank you so much for creating this program. The amount of hours you have saved me and I'm sure many others is very much appreciated.

Just amazing!
AFC Champion 2043

Brian-Broncos

Postby Brian-Broncos » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:08 pm

You are welcome! Great idea starting with the PDB by the way.

Brian-Broncos

Postby Brian-Broncos » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:28 pm

I think I should just exclude RUNCLOCK and STOPCLOK from the results. Don't know why I didn't think of doing that before. You agree?

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:37 pm

Brian-Broncos wrote:I think I should just exclude RUNCLOCK and STOPCLOK from the results. Don't know why I didn't think of doing that before. You agree?

True. Honestly, at this point, you've saved me days worth of work so having to delete a couple of plays is no sweat off my back. Ha!
AFC Champion 2043

Return to “General”