Retirements/Anti-Aging System

Rich-League Officer

Retirements/Anti-Aging System

Postby Rich-League Officer » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:45 pm

Beginning with 2039-40 season, we are going to directly tie Anti-Aging with Retirements.
This process will almost completely eliminate the coaches.
You will have minimal input at zero cost.

The Process:
I will identify all the veteran players as either Protected or Not Protected.
Those players will be identified right after I start the new season.
The players in lime green are auto-protected from aging and retirement the following season. (2 processes become 1)
The players in yellow are not auto-protected and will need a "physical" from the league.

*Physical* consists of me rolling the dice using the same table we have been using for retirements.
I do not need you to send me dice rolls. I know 7 is better than 12 :)
All players will get the highest possible chance to pass. (I use an online random dice roller)
These physicals take place very early in each new season.
If a player fails his physical, he will play out his final season and then will then age and likely retire the following season.

No rmupdates from you are needed for this process.

How it works now, AA is after the SB, but will now happen 5 months earlier in the season.
How it works now, retirements are shown after I press the button, but now will happen 5 months earlier.
How?
We already know who the candidates for retirement are. They are never young players, they are never protected players.
They can only be the unprotected players.
Now I will show you the only players who could possibly retire 5 months earlier inside the contract file.

This process lets all coaches know ahead of time that some of their players are entering their final year.
You can plan ahead and address this in the upcoming free agency and the draft.

Because of where we are in this season, these "physicals" should have already taken place 5 months ago.
To finish 2039, I will need to give all these physicals to your players who have their age in YELLOW.
I will then post these results inside the contract file right after I press the start new season button.
If they passed, I will color their age in dark green.
If they failed, I will color their age in red.
This process costs the coaches 0 points. This is a points savings for all teams each season.
It is also why the allocations are trending down each season.

**Coaches can still transfer rolls from player to player**
For example: If the Giants want to keep QB Griffin, they currently have 7 other qualified players required to take a physical.
Shawn can transfer up to 7 rolls to Griffin.
You must have players on the 53 man final roster who are scheduled for a physical to qualify for transfer.
The players who transfer their roll automatically fail their own physical.
For example:
Redskins only have one player scheduled. No transfers possible.
Cardinals have 6 players scheduled for a physical. Justin could target keeping 1 player and transfer 5 rolls. He could target 2 players and transfer 4 rolls (2 each) to those two.
All of these are inside your contract file (players age in yellow)

***No veteran player acquisitions after the trade deadline will be considered transferable.
For example: Coaches cannot manipulate the system by signing free agents after the deadline for the purpose
of using them for transfer rolls the following pre-season.
I can easily keep track of this should a team need to sign a veteran in week 14.

The good part of this system is, you don't even have to understand any of what I just said.
It will happen automatically for you. You just look inside the contract file.
If your player has his age colored lime green he auto protected from everything.
If your player has his age colored yellow, he needs a physical.
If after these physicals, he's colored dark green, he passed.
If he is colored red, he failed his physical.
All of this information will be inside your contracts very early each season.

This change will basically eliminate 3 tasks previously done by the coaches.
No AA decisions by you, NO retirement rolls, NO end of season rmupdates, NO points spent.
At the end of each season, all you need to do is cut down to 53.
*There is a chance you want to transfer rolls from one player to another, in which case that would be posted on the forum like usual and that will take place early in the pre-season*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if you are confused thinking, what the hell do I do?
Very simple, in order to finish the 2039 season, open your contract file to your team.
Scroll up and find all the players with their age in Yellow.
They are slated for both Retirement/Anti-Aging.
You technically do not have to do anything, it happens automatically for you.
I give them their physicals and if they fail they are done. Done = aging or retired
If they pass, welcome to 2040.
BUT, you can decide to transfer rolls to a specific player.
Just like you did with retirements. No difference.
Look at those players in yellow and decide how you want to play it.

The wrinkle going forward is, this whole process will now take place very early each season.
So, we do it now to finish 2039 and begin the 2040 season.
But we do it again in a couple weeks early in 2040 for the 2041 season.
And I believe I noted the benefits of this.
You know ahead of time who is going to retire before he plays his final season.
Yes, you will have to make decisions on older players earlier.
Go ahead and give your player a farewell tour.

If you are still confused, email me and I will break down your team for 2039 into 2040.
We can do another breakdown in a couple weeks when the new season starts.
It will be a different batch of players slated for physicals affected for the 2041 season.
But, remember you could just sit back and do nothing and it will happen for you.
Some players might retire, others may stay.

Email me if you need help with your team.
Or ask a question for clarification right here in the forum.

Rich-League Officer

Re: Retirements/Anti-Aging System

Postby Rich-League Officer » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:53 pm

Before you ask me, why the hell are we even doing this?
Let me answer...

Doing it this way takes this chore away from coaches.
You don't have to waste time figuring out who to age or unretire.
The system will do it for you.
If we ever find new coaches, they don't have to do anything.

It's all administrative BS that I already do.
I do not have to wait on AA posts, unretire posts.
I don't have to send out emails asking, hey do you want to unretire this guy?
And you don't have to pay 3-6-9-12-15 points per season on anti-aging.

End of season, you cut down to 53 and you're done. (except one last time, if you want to transfer player rolls, I need them now)

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:21 pm

Btw, if you read this and think it would better to finish the 2039 season under the old rules, say so.
That is fine with me.
You would AA (pay the points)
We see retirements, you unretire based on the rolls.

We then go forward from there.

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:50 pm

Cool! The new process still allows for players to age longer than the original programming. However, it also creates a systematic "retire" for a player vs an owner AAing and unretiring a player forever (theoretically.

If we do leverage this system in the current offseason, what happens to our players in yellow that do not pass the physical? Do they age/retire at the end of the 2040 season or does something happen to them immediately?
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Justin-Chicago

Postby Justin-Chicago » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:50 pm

Long term, I think I like this. Simplicity it is not, and it completely removes FBPro from the process, and I'm not sure that less FBPro and more league specific stuff is going to attract new owners. But, I like it. I think this would work great down the road in tandem with the salary cap :D

I would advocate for a way to keep the future RG3's of the PNFL around too, though. Maybe each team can spend 3 points a year to have one player that can be 100% protected each year up to age 14 or so?

Also, it does make sense that the current offseason should take place under the pre-existing rules, and this should be introduced with the 2040 season.

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:06 pm

Mitch, if we use this now and your yellow players fail their physical, they are retired or aged.
I will drop them down and try to retire them.
Because you would need to pretend I did this 5 months ago and you knew he failed and he played his final season.

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:10 pm

Justin,
I know right now it does not seem simpler but it will be.
Once I wrap my head around this, it really will be quite easy for me and no extra work.
For all of you, it will be much easier.
All you would do is find the yellow players, decide who to transfer to who.

As we discussed, I think I am open to allowing teams to use their green players too.
If you are willing to retire them by transferring their roll, I see no issue.
It's a life or two for saving 1.

Justin-Chicago

Postby Justin-Chicago » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:11 pm

What is meant by age and likely retire? How is is decided if the player retires or just ages?

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:23 pm

Justin-Chicago wrote:What is meant by age and likely retire? How is is decided if the player retires or just ages?

Let's take one of your players, S Karl Joseph in the 2040 season, he has his "physical" in 2 weeks. He fails. But he plays the 40 season because he is still a stud. There is nothing that can be done to save him for 41. When it's time to cut down to 53, you would cut him or keep him. But he will be aging and I would drop him in the depth chart to make him retire hopefully. If he stays around, he likely won't be useful as a player. And he has no transferability left. Once they fail, they are on the clock. But because you know very early, you can adjust for that.

Justin-Chicago

Postby Justin-Chicago » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:32 pm

Rich-League Officer wrote:I would drop him in the depth chart to make him retire hopefully.

So you would have control of our roster at the end of the season and try to make the "red" players retire, regardless of their contract status?

Return to “General”