Salary Cap Poll

Do you want to see the PNFL eliminate the salary cap?

#1 Get rid of the salary cap but keep the points system.
54%
#2 Get rid of the salary cap & get rid of the points system.
8%
#3 Keep the salary cap & points system.
38%

Total votes: 13

Jerry-Redskins

Re: Salary Cap Poll

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:25 pm

You do care :D
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Frederic - Saints

Postby Frederic - Saints » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:50 am

Hello gentlemen,

I know that I am the new guy in the league, but I will take the time to reply to this post.
I haven't voted yet, so as not to distort the results.

I want to clarify that, I am not here to give lessons. But I saw that you often speaked in your messages of
"new coach".

It's perfect, I am a new coach ! :mrgreen:
Well, that't not quite true, because I have already been coach in fbpro league (Ok, that was a long time ago).

And I am also a coach in an anction pc football ligue (2003), for 16 years now (we will start this week for 37 season).

What is interesting is, that the debates that I read when I arrived on the forum are the same as we had with my league (Salary cap, retirement, aging player, free agency, balanced teams...).

I feel like there are two groups in your league : Those who have a preference for management experience and likes coaching their team, and those who prefer to keep everythings as simple as possible and only coach their team and send teir PPP.
I let you tell me if I'm wrong.

But in the end, the real question is : What do you want to do with your league ?

I will try to answer your various points (without being too long) I had in black your opinions.

- You want to keep the league's rules simple, to be able to keep or attract a new owners :
I haven't foud the rules to be complicated so far.

When you play a management game (Like Madden franchise, Draft day sport football, football mogul...)
You know that there will be a part of economic management. So I think players already know this before joining you

Rules about play design and profile seems to be more difficult, but I can do it with help of the commish or an experienced coach.

Just a suggestion for new owners. Perhaps all the rules and scheduule should be centralized in the same places.
Because when I'm started here, I found rules on forum, some on contracts file, and I'm pretty sure I missed a few (Salary cap on salary cap page system didn't seem to be the right one...).

- Something else to consider in this discussion is the impact of creating a wider differentiation among player ratings.
We had the same need in my other league. The solution found was to remove lots of free agents, and edit draft classes (but it takes a few seasons to be well balanced). I have no worries about it because I saw that Rich and Charlie work on that).

- How do we do FA?
I have a question about this. Why do you use a point system for bid and not salary ?
For exemple, in real life, when a player go on free agency it's because he wants a bigger salary.
Do you really want this player ? ok, but you will have go to the checkout. Especially if other owners want to sign it too.

- We mainly added salary cap for realism - one of the core principles of the league is to strive for realism.
Agree with that. I add : and to maintain a competitive balance.

- There is and always has been an oversupply of talent in the league. We all have backups for backups.
Same problem on my other league. Wage have been increased for Top players. You want the best player for your Wr3. Ok, pay it !
Now we have less powerhouse teams.

- Thomas is right. We do need to review our current rules and structure from the eyes of a new coach.
Also agree with that - if I can help :D

- As it regards new GM/coaches coming in as team owners, look at NO, PHI, NE, and CAR. What if you were the new owners coming in and taking one of those teams, what would you do as GM to improve that team and then creating game plans and profiles to win games ?
That's what at first motivated me to join the league. Being able to manage and coach at the same time is where the real challenge.

@justin : New Orleans, I see about five guys I'd resign and six I'd release. Probably draft a LB, a CB,
and try to land a premeir HB...

thanks you for the leads (I have the same opinion for the HB).

Sorry the post, is long but I had a lot to catch up on.
thank you to those who read me to the end

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:39 am

I definitely agree with yur idea on getting a solid HB, the PNFL is a heavily pass oriented leagues and the best passing team in the league, the Jets focuses heavily on passing but still has an effective running game. I have very good HBs in Sanders and Snell and plan on keeping them until they retire or fail their physicals. Solid HBs are not easy to find.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:07 pm

HB Gus Edwards is decent though. I'm guessing Charlie needs to send Frederic the rookie spreadsheet? Until then, here are two of the top HBs in the rookie pool:

HB Khalil Herbert 0
82 80 82 82 79 88 90 83
83 80 82 82 80 89 90 84

HB Travis Etienne 0
82 80 82 81 79 89 88 84
82 80 83 82 81 90 90 84
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:41 pm

He received the spreadsheet 24-hours ago.

Return to “General”