Retirements/Anti-Aging System

James-Eagles

Re: Retirements/Anti-Aging System

Postby James-Eagles » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:06 pm

I think people don't completely understand.
What I created was this

1. Players on the 53 man roster at the end of the season will not retire or age unless they failed a physical at the beginning of the season.
2. All players not on a 53 man roster at the end of season fail the physical the next season.
3. Any player who has failed a physical will age at the end of season afterwards and won't be brought back if they retire.

Physical rolls would be current unretirement rolls.

This was simple and very new player friendly. This system was automatic.

What it has turned into is something exploitable and not simple to understand. That is why I am frustrated and annoyed.

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:30 pm

I have to confess, I am getting tired of talking about this system.
Much too much energy is being focussed on something so silly.

James, this is your system except for one thing, the Transfers.

If teams do not want transfers of any kind even with some limitations, then speak up now or forever hold your peace.
James is on record as HATING transfers and does not want any ability to transfer.
He wants it clean.

What say the rest of you?

Because I do not care.

Justin-Chicago

Postby Justin-Chicago » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:46 pm

Justin-Chicago wrote:Long term, I think I like this. Simplicity it is not, and it completely removes FBPro from the process, and I'm not sure that less FBPro and more league specific stuff is going to attract new owners. But, I like it. I think this would work great down the road in tandem with the salary cap :D

I would advocate for a way to keep the future RG3's of the PNFL around too, though. Maybe each team can spend 3 points a year to have one player that can be 100% protected each year up to age 14 or so?

Also, it does make sense that the current offseason should take place under the pre-existing rules, and this should be introduced with the 2040 season.

These were my initial thoughts. I didn't hear any support for the opportunity to 'protect' a player from passing the physical for a cost, I still think it would be a good idea but if there's no interest so be it.

I'm fine with the transfers, taking them away would even further devalue veteran players. I've quite often heard owners say that they wish veteran players had more value in this league.

Let's try the system Rich laid out in 2040 and see what happens. It's gonna be a wild ride anyways without a salary cap. If Rich has a good handle on it then it's worthy of our support.

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:38 pm

Agree, let's try it. If it looks like a failure, then we can tweak or fall back to the old system.

BTW, we are all dreaming that there is a bunch of players waiting in the wings somewhere for us to make our rules easier for them to join. We are extremely lucky to pick up a new player each year or every other year.

Return to “General”