Retirements/Anti-Aging System

Dan-Cincinnati

Re: Retirements/Anti-Aging System

Postby Dan-Cincinnati » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:11 am

Love this idea as rich posted it. I’m ok with implementing it now, or after next season, it doesn’t really matter to me. If we Implement it now, we will have a chance to transfer rolls right now prior to the button right?

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:03 am

I don't support transferring rolls. I think it defeats the purpose of the system and as the person who came up with it. I can say this. It is completely different than unretirement rolls

Player under old retirement has to retired and not unretired to transfer roll.- This system player can be any age and you get them until they retire in game which can be years later. Players on 53 roster and not red is auto unretired.

Transferring rolls add complication this system is suppose to be simple.

Justin-Chicago

Postby Justin-Chicago » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:15 am

Lions-James wrote:I don't support transferring rolls. I think it defeats the purpose of the system and as the person who came up with it. I can say this. It is completely different than unretirement rolls

Player under old retirement has to retired and not unretired to transfer roll.- This system player can be any age and you get them until they retire in game which can be years later. Players on 53 roster and not red is auto unretired.

Read again, I do not believe that’s the case. Rich said that transferring a green or yellow guy’s roll makes him become a red guy. That’s simple enough.

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:14 pm

James, it is simple. I give you high marks for simplicity.
Nobody has to transfer anything. The beauty of this system as you created is, teams now can do nothing.
I love that. Teams can now say, just process those physicals as is. Nothing complicated about that.

But here is the logic as I see it, a green guy is a veteran player who by residing on the 53 man roster the previous season and through the button press had to be a good player.
Let us use your team, CB Hargreaves is Green (protected). If you want to save CB Waynes (Yellow) desperately, you could transfer Hargreaves protection. You don't have to do that. But if you do, Waynes might survive and people like to save their superstars. But now Hargreaves lost his protection heading into next year.
He turns into a Red player. He'll finish the season, and 100% age, maybe retire but either way his career is over probably. You traded a life for a life.

And, with no cap these veterans and green players have more value than ever. Do you want to sacrifice their life for a yellow player?
If not, do nothing. But if a coach wants to sacrifice a player aged 8 for a player aged 12, who cares. That 8 will likely be rendered useless after he ages.

The complication is me tracking this with a small red mark inside the contract file. In fact, it took me longer to write this comment than it would most teams to examine their Green and Yellow players. I suppose it's as complicated as each coach wants to make it. Do nothing or transfer a player or two, done.

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:58 pm

My vote is to move forward with the new rules.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:07 pm

I'm good with the rule change. It makes things interesting and simplifies things. We can always scrap the idea in a few seasons if it doesn't work out.

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:29 pm

I fully approve this new approach. In fact, I wish it was in effect this time. Doesn’t really affect me though, so all good.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:49 pm

Justin-Chicago wrote:
Lions-James wrote:I don't support transferring rolls. I think it defeats the purpose of the system and as the person who came up with it. I can say this. It is completely different than unretirement rolls

Read again, I do not believe that’s the case. Rich said that transferring a green or yellow guy’s roll makes him become a red guy. That’s simple enough.

Yea so I can take a rookie and transfer his roll to a 12 year vet.

Said rookie will not age or possible retire until year 7
In other words system is broke and give advantage to people who has master the system.
This breaks the spirit behind the rule.

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:56 pm

@James - I might be misunderstanding the posts. However, I don't believe the transfers could happen with rookie players, only players in green or yellow. Rookies wouldn't be green or yellow.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:11 pm

For everyone who need complication. I will send you some advance math problems for you do in the off-season. There is no reason to add transfers to this except to try to break the system. Owners need to stop looking at how they can abuse the system to be the system and start looking for what is good for this league.

As one of the owner who is for better or worst the one who keeps getting the most screwed by rule changes he supports. I think some of you need to start looking in the mirror and ask am I trying to work the rule to get an advantage or actually do what is best for the league.
Transfers rolls aren't need. There was no reason to add it except to be exploited.
This is the number one reason this league has lost all fun for me. Is the fact that so many of you are so obsessed of how you can change the rules to gain advantage you stop looking for what is best for the league. That goes for the top to the bottom team.

Reality every level of complication or step you add to something just makes it harder for people to join this league. The fact that we have people making rules because they can't figure how to beat a defense, manage a point and cap system, or need complexity to make it feel like they are doing something.

I support a cap when I had one of the most talent load teams all hitting their prime, I suggested removing contract when I have most contract year by a ton. I am pushing to remove cap and the need for points when I have the second lowest cap and almost double the points of any other owner.

I will be honest I am really close to say let the league die. That way Jerry, Justin and Thomas can trade Super Bowls and the rest of you keep bring up the cellar. Then we go from 8 active owner to 6 to 4 to 1 active during the season and the rest only playing in the playoffs. This is a hobby. Creating this system is like asking golfers to get there early mow, clean all the golf carts, etc. Stop making more work for whatever reason.

Return to “General”