I call for the end of forum drafts.

Matt-Jacksonville

Re: I call for the end of forum drafts.

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Actually, I can see James's point. Rich said no time limit. We should all respect that. It appears as if many did not. One email from the powers that be to say, "hey you're on the clock" should suffice. If we were going to jump on someone after 3 hrs, then it should have been announced as such. Otherwise back off. List or no list, NFL or no NFL. That is what Rich stated WE were doing. Does that even matter in this discussion?

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:47 pm

James, my question for you is, why are you so angry about this?
It's like you are intentionally trying to make this unfun all because you did not get the player you wanted.
It's a game, take the next best guy. Trade later.

You said it yourself, we live on different time zones, work, kids, eat, sleep. This idea we can sit here while someone tries to work out a trade in a timely manner is ridiculous. As it was, you succumb to peer pressure last night and you should not have!
You told me you would wait till morning and then boom you drafted and now you're pissed. Why did you not wait?
I basically walked away from the screen and guess what I did?
I emailed Charlie and told him to pick DE Josh Allen for me, see how easy that was.

Lest not forget last year as we waiting 24-36 hours for every Shawn pick and it took almost 2 freakin weeks to do this!!!
I want this over in a week, is that asking too much?
A lousy round per day is not tough if you plan out your picks in advance.
But, I really do not want to skip picks as Charlie says after 12 hours either.
Everyone needs to relax and try to have fun with this.
If its 10pm then you know darn well a trade is going to be tough.
And waiting till you get home at 6pm the next day jacks everyone else up.
Make a pick and trade later, there is always a deal to be had.
Sigh!

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:51 pm

Yes Matt it matters, people need to relax and back off others when they are on the clock.
I did say no time limit so we need to respect this because those were the rules going in.
But I will say this, once a daily cycle goes by of sleep, work and dump, you need to pick or you will be hounded.
This is where a LIST comes in. You can see you pick in 4-5-6-7 picks, email me and throw some names at me.
Play the draft out on paper for the next 6 picks and gimme those names, if they take him, I take him, then next, and next and next, till your pick is up.
That is how you do it, play worse case scenario of picks, be ready!

If we were using draftsock, you would have a lousy minute to do this.

But, everyone does need to stop hammering the person on the clock!

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:00 pm

Matt, as usual, we have people on both sides of this argument, what's new? We have one guy threatening to quit if this process goes on for two weeks, and then James, who is pissed because he is trying to trade and can not get a taker. Meanwhile, we all just sit around and wait, when most of us want to get past this process and start to playing the game again. What is your definition of "no time limits"? I am going on a short vacation for four days. Is everyone willing to wait until I get back, or should I send a list for the 49ers and Panthers to Rich? Your call on "no time limits"!

Seriously, we all need to calm down, but in the process, be respectful to the other guys. What is a reasonable time (12-hours; 18-hours; 24-hours; three days)? If everyone of the 15 guys take "no time limits" we should finish by Labor Day.

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Let me end this and say, next season we are using DraftSock :)
Because there is no reasonable time to apply to everyone's life.
So we will ride this out till it ends and next year we go back to 2-3 hour draft and lots of mistakes.
Perhaps that is better anyway.

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:05 pm

BTW, take all the (expletives deleted) time that you want. If we have people quit in the interim, so be it.

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Btw, Green Bay is 5 picks away. He lives in Italy and its bed time for Walter.
He sent me a list of 5 players in the order he wants them.
That is how it's done if you can't be in front of the screen for a prolonged period of time.

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:10 pm

Sorry about my delayed pick for pick 1-17. Was in a 2 hour meeting with a Senior Vice President at my company. :P
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Charlie-49ers wrote:James, send in a list each time before you are up and you will have nothing to worry about!

So one owner's concern is important and my concern isn't. Thanks for showing how valued I am as a member in the league. I guess I will go back to sitting in my place and keep my mouth shut.

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:14 pm

Charlie, I love you like a brother, but my point was if Rich says something we need to adhere to it. If Rich decides to let people take four weeks off and we pause the draft, I may not agree with it, but I’ll respect it because that is what was decided by Rich. I don’t know if James was trying to trade, but if he really wanted to deal the pick bad enough he could have reached out to me. It was clear I was interested in at least talking and seeing if something could be done.

Return to “General”