Defensive profile proposal

Jerry-Redskins

Re: Defensive profile proposal

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:20 pm

No on all of it at this point. We are going too far in things. The defense has to be able build and call situational plays to match the offense. The defense cannot adjust. It is a guessing game, but you at least need choices. We do not have an offensive issue. We will destroy the balance for 2 DL plays? No on any change at this point until some common sense comes in. Change for the sake of change never turns out well.

Better to discuss and actually all agree if there is an issue and exactly what that is before going after changes. Narrow the problem down and then see if we can agree on how to solve it. Folks have their own agendas and enjoyments in the games. Lets decide to agree what the actual problem is first.
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:24 pm

Charlie-49ers wrote:
Dean-Kansas City wrote:If the offense can still call medium passing on 1st and 10, the defense should still be able to use PM.

This is one of the calls that I think is hurting the QB passing stats! There is not a team in the NFL that would use a 2-DL defense on 1st down with any type of close score with a bunch of time left on the clock. For an exaggerated example, what team do you know that would use a 2-DL defense after kicking off to start the game; none, zero, zip! So, why would the PNFL allow it?

I mean PM defenses with 3-4 DLs. I think there should be zero 2 DL plays in PM, they should be restricted to PL and PRD only.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:26 pm

Charlie-49ers wrote:I am trying to keep the 2-DL defenses simple; compromise and small steps! :|

Razzle Dazzle - a minimum of four required if you use them. Can only be used in the final two minutes in each half.

Pass Long - a minimum of six required. No more than 50% can be 2-DL defenses.

Pass Medium - a minimum of six required. No more than 33% can be 2-DL defenses.
*****To have three 2-DL defenses in this category you would need nine Pass Medium plays.

After next season we will evaluate the results and potentially restrict 2-DL defenses further, but I think that this is a good compromise to start.

Drop the PM to ZERO 2- DL plays and I vote for it.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:51 pm

To Jerry's point... we get caught up on WB rating. However, I looked the avg yards per game back in 1999 for the NFL. The passing YPG was 212 and rushing avg ypg was 106 for a team. I'd say we are beating those averages. We might not be at the same stats as 2019. However, there are limitations to the game due to age.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043, 2044
AFC Champion 2043

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:58 pm

Guys, just to be clear, we are not changing anything mid-season. This is a next season discussion.

Also, I am not suggesting any changes to when you can call Pass Medium defenses.

tmurph-Jets

Postby tmurph-Jets » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:38 am

NO profile restrictions.
No on this proposal.
Stop changing the rules.

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:31 pm

I agree with Thomas and Jerry. We don't need to create more work for everyone especially Rich.

Return to “General”