My idea for more Football less spreadsheets

James-Eagles

My idea for more Football less spreadsheets

Postby James-Eagles » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:04 pm

1. Remove all contracts, points or caps. If a player is on your team he is there until he retires, cuts or trades.
Lets build the teams and play with them. Free agency is a joke and always has been and always will be. You spend all that time putting that team together who get to actually play with it.

2. Fix anti-aging and unretirement. Add 2 years to each positions current auto age protection and auto unretirement(let punters and kickers go to 20). If a player doesn't retire he doesn't age. Have weekly gaming give free unretirement/age protection for a player.

Yes it is unrealistic but seems over the top but I want to enjoy the team I build and actually get some career stats for fun. This is about Making PNFL great again and more fun.

The only spreadsheets I want to see are ones with stats in it. Lets settle this on the field and tell the pencil pushers to go get in the stands because this is about in the dirt Football. I don't want to beat Justin because his team is too old to play anymore. I want to beat him with his beat team and my best team. I want PNFL to become about coaching.

3. Speaking of coaching only rules changes for Profiles, Plans and plays be for clear broke stuff. We stop coaching like NFL coaches ages ago. No rule set is going to force us into it. I just want clear rules so we can all keep dening Charlie that Super Bowl ring(just so PNFL can go on forever)

Mitch-Oilers

Re: My idea for more Football less spreadsheets

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:32 pm

The way I see it, the PNFL is already all about coaching. With very little differentiation between players, the only differentiation we have now is the ability of the coach.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:41 pm

If the feeling is its all about coaching, why are we complicating it with the cap system.
The diversity issue is something that takes a long time through drafts.
And its hard to achieve this if we are also passing more rules keeping the maxed out players/vets longer and longer.

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:16 am

If you ever do go this route, no anti-aging. There should be no incentive to keep players longer than needed. With no anti-aging, you only have a short window to use players and the draft & trading become more important.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:25 am

You'll always need a spreadsheet to analyze players and play performance though lol
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:35 am

Steve-LA Chargers wrote:If you ever do go this route, no anti-aging. There should be no incentive to keep players longer than needed. With no anti-aging, you only have a short window to use players and the draft & trading become more important.

While I like to see trading and draft being important. The point was make the main focus on coaching. GM should be the background thing shorting the window would do the opposite.

Dan-Cincinnati

Postby Dan-Cincinnati » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:24 am

I like James idea.

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:51 am

One alternative has always been, let the game age players and we deal with what it gives us. However, at the rate that the game ages players, not sure that we would see any players at 10 years plus. The extended years that we picked are pretty good. Maybe we do not allow anti-aging after they hit those years, or maybe one player on each side of the ball per team.

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:54 am

Charlie-49ers wrote:One alternative has always been, let the game age players and we deal with what it gives us. However, at the rate that the game ages players, not sure that we would see any players at 10 years plus. The extended years that we picked are pretty good. Maybe we do not allow anti-aging after they hit those years, or maybe one player on each side of the ball per team.

I like the middle ground if we removed points using unretirement rolls. to determine anti-aging if free

Keep it simple roll until it is successful
Depending on how many rolls determines how much EN is lost
1st roll 0 en
2nd roll -1 en
etc.
that way you can keep a liberal anti-aging but have there be a small bite.

Return to “General”