Offensive Play Pool Issues

Jerry-Redskins

Re: Offensive Play Pool Issues

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:22 am

I would rather not have true dupes in the same category, but it won't kill me if we just do stronger enforcement moving forward. This being said, I have to dispute some of the above arguments. The PNFL is a sim league. There is no camouflaging the play call. There are no adjustments during the game. You have to guess and hope you are right. The NFL adjusts on the fly even during the plays themselves. Having a lot of true dupes means a team can hope to make one call that hits and the other team has no defense if they guess wrong. It is true most PNFL teams carry over a decent % of calling from week to week, it still leaves a complete deviation possible that is unpredictable. This is why we have minimum play calls in the categories and minimum of each category required. I hated the days of non league play files and call what I want when I first started in leagues. Being more varied and strategic is more fun to me.
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:06 am

We have a lot more important things to do right now. In effect, both sides of the argument are correct. Multiple dupes are not a good thing, as we want to see different stuff in the games, since they are all televised now. However, since most PPPs will have to be adjusted, if I delete some of these plays, including mine, which really is no big deal, I will let the plays stand as is.

Topic CLOSED

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:33 am

I vote no and am in agreement with Dan and Shawn. Yeah you can use the same four plays over and over, but eventually someone will figure that out and counter those plays. If they are THAT unstoppable that you can get away with it for long periods of time, THEN they need to be examined further. If they are not giving someone an unfair advantage, then I don't see any reason to remove them. However, if there is evidence to state that they ARE giving people an unfair advantage, then let's see it.

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:00 pm

Geees Matt, I have already agreed to leave things alone! No need to keep beating me up :roll:

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:45 pm

I'm reversing my vote to agree with Justin, Dan and Shawn.

It is possible to stop the multiple variations of PCR plays with better defenses. Let Rob and Shawn take a stab at it like we know they will. ;)
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Shawn-Giants

Postby Shawn-Giants » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:56 pm

Besides those plays that were identified as clones, are not identical plays renamed, in most cases the "clones" performed better because I changed blocking logic to make the pass plays less sackable if that makes sense. Added wait logic etc.

So over a seasons worth of comparison you will see that the clones performed better because different depth and blocking schemes were utilized.

Look beyond route trees to see if a cloned play is a true clone. Nobody will win anything calling the same play over and over again. Thanks for closing the topic. We create plays, we don't mention that plays broke the league. There are no unstoppable plays on offense or defense.

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:07 pm

I agree. The answer is to better defend the so-called clones so there is no need to delete them.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

tmurph-Jets

Postby tmurph-Jets » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:44 pm

I would prefer to leave them alone for selfish reasons.
I hate having to edit plans with now missing plays.

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:12 pm

Can one of our many stat geeks start a project to collect data on the duplicates? We can then review next offseason based on the data collected. It sounds like we may want to pick the cloned versions over the originals.

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:35 am

Charlie just sent a file with last season's play data - shouldn't that tell us something?
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Return to “General”