The return of the XFBS... as the PCFL

Dean-Atlanta

The return of the XFBS... as the PCFL

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:34 pm

Many of us have talk about this for months but it has not happened, so I am doing it. Soon, as in during this PNFL off-season. This will be kept as simple as possible and I expect most or all will use variations of their PNFL PPPs for this.

League name: The XFBS was originally created when Steve was in XFL I believe, and later he changed XFBS to PNFL type player ratings and it moved to playing under mostly PNFL rules. This college league will play by PNFL rules and use PNFL type player ratings. Accordingly, it will be named PCFL, Pure College Football League.

League set up: 18 teams, 12 game season, playoff tournament like what the PNFL uses. CPU teams will use “headless horseman” type PPPs that will be created and distributed before the season starts.

Season: It will start right after the PNFL Super Bowl and will be scheduled to minimize overlap with PNFL regular season games.

League admin: I will run the league and be the Charlie of the PCFL. I will be asking for help from any one willing to join the effort. Games will be played on Saturday, most of them live on Discord as Mitch does the Friday night PNFL games.

Players: they will be created using PNFL type ratings ranges and will remain consistent with each new season of recruits. Recruiting will be simple, it will be forum based, like a FA system, with teams using available recruiting points they are allotted to bid on recruits. There will be bonus points for a few areas of participation in addition to a standard allotment of points, but not based on winning. This will keep us from having 3-4 teams that always dominate by signing more blue chip recruits. More details coming soon on this.

Transfer portal: players on PS (up to 10) will be the eligible players, to keep it simple. Acquiring them will be bidding on them like we do with PNFL PS players. Same rules. This will keep this aspect of the PCFL simple. Recruiting points will be used for this also.

Play Pool: Use the PNFL play pool only.

Training Camp: same as PNFL

Player names: Recruit using generic names, rename to real life player names after recruiting

League forum: Recruiting, transfer portal all conducted on the league forum like we do in the PNFL.

I will post a separate league sign up post for you to all sign up for this and select your team. I hope everyone joins this and we have 18 teams and no CPU teams.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Dean-Atlanta

Re: The return of the XFBS... as the PCFL

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:18 pm

If you have any questions... how is this or that going to work, etc. please ask them here and use the other post for team sign ups only. Thanks.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:42 pm

Will it have a web site? Will it have its own forum? Do you have the utilities to put stats and game results on a web site? Have you reached out to Shawn or Rich to get the utilities?

I seriously doubt Rich lets you use this leagues’s forum. A good, free forum is harder to find and set up than you might expect. You might be able to use a Google site like I did for the PNFL power poll.

Speaking of power polls, are you going to use a ranking for the getting in the playoffs or more of a division winner approach to keep it simple? Or are you using the Standings poll (because it is auto generated) and some kind of tiebreaker system.

Just curious how you plan to do these things. And if you hadn’t thought about these things, hopefully this post at least helps you start thinking about them.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:10 pm

Web site ands forum are coming soon. I would like to create a forum using same software as this forum uses since we are all familiar with how this works. The forum will be key to getting this started and then afterwards, doing league business such as recruiting, transfer portal, etc.

I think I have a copy of the utilities somewhere, I think I got them from Shawn a while ago.

We will have to figure out how to best decide which teams make it to post-season, before we start, that makes sense in emulating college football and doing this within FBPro98. With it being an 18 team league it makes sense that 8 teams will make it to post-season, it's just as matter of which 8 (divisions winners, top 8 by rankings, etc.) and then how to see them.

Once I get the PVFL forum set up we can open discussions there on some of thes issues.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

- Jerry Glanville

Return to “Trash Talk”