Those weak CBs...

Dean-Atlanta

Those weak CBs...

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Sun May 22, 2022 1:04 pm

The unlikely hero of KC's win over NE:

Defensive player of the game: D.J. Reed, CB, Kansas City

D.J. Red is currently CB6 on my roster, the kind of player that isn't usually considered that import, perhaps one of those "weak CBs" we have been talking about in the discussion as of late.

He had two interceptions in the game that made a real difference in the outcome of the game.

His first INT came on the call of the play AZRM34MZ. The play only features 3 CBs, so he was playing in substitution for one of the top 3 CBs.

His second INT came on the call of the play MN31PMb2, one of the so-called "slashing defender" plays. This play features 4 CBs, so Reed was subbing again. The LB1 as the "slashing defender" didn't sack NE's QB Marcus Mariota, but Reed picked off his pass.

Even "weak" CBs can play a key role...

O CB6 35 D.J. Reed OK 6 0-0 0 83 82 85 57 95 86 86 93
83 82 85 59 96 86 89 96

Reed was drafted with the 4th pick in round 4 in the same draft where I picked CB Mike Hughes with the third pick overall in the first round.

CBs Vincent and Lenoir that I drafted later in the last draft, could easily be D.J. Reed in the future.

KC won this week not because Justin Fields completed 70 percent of his passes for 350 yards, or Barry J. Sanders ran for 200 yards...Reed had 2 interceptions that erased likely NE scores and lead to at least one KC score. It could have easily been a 21-13 NE win otherwise.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Mitch-Oilers

Re: Those weak CBs...

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sun May 22, 2022 3:29 pm

@Dean - how much of an impact do you think his ST rating had on those INT plays?
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Tue May 24, 2022 10:04 am

Mitch-Raiders wrote:@Dean - how much of an impact do you think his ST rating had on those INT plays?

My guess would be not very much, a 61 ST CB might be better but I don't know 4 that points of ST on a cb mkes that much difference. I will note however, the play he got one of the INTs on only features 3 CBs.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Tue May 24, 2022 10:05 am

Dean-Kansas City wrote:
Mitch-Raiders wrote:@Dean - how much of an impact do you think his ST rating had on those INT plays?

My guess would be not very much, a 61 ST CB might be better but I don't know 4 that points of ST on a CB makes that much difference. I will note however, the play he got one of the INTs on only features 3 CBs.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

- Jerry Glanville

Return to “Trash Talk”