Redskin Vent

Jerry-Redskins

Redskin Vent

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 pm

I will seek revenge on the field for driving me crazy in FA.
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Steve-LA Chargers

Re: Redskin Vent

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:06 pm

Yeah, there were certainly some bids by several of us that seemed to be more about making it difficult than actually trying to get the player.

My match for T Bolles and my bid for T JaWuan James probably were perceived as being difficult, but I genuinely tried to keep all my players. The stakes got too high for me to keep pursuing JuWuan and I was way out of the bid war for Pocec well before I decided to try to keep my players. This free agency decimated my OL. :cry:
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:10 pm

I lost three OL this offseason. T1 James, G2 Levin, C2 Pocic. Two of them were starters. Ouch. Pocic ironically can start too, but I have a better C already I'm keeping long term.
Los Angeles Chargers

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:37 pm

They just showing you love for those players Jerry...

Dean
Kansas City
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:00 pm

Yeah I was looking ahead to fill holes I will have when contracts expire next year mainly. Thanks Pocic will be put to good use. =)

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:09 am

Chargers vent:

No one in this league trades for players anymore. It’s so frustrating! I know my players have value too. Hell, Jacksonville sure seems inclined to acquire them when I have no choice but to cut them to manage my cap. It feels like the cap only hurt LA and everyone else in the league massively benefited from LA’s cap issues. Fine though. We’ll get revenge on the field and the next offseason too. We will be very cap friendly next offseason once Luck’s $21M salary is gone and look forward to pilfering talent from other teams in FA the same way they did from us. We can survive this season with elite vets and an army of late round $500k bench warmers for depth. :twisted:
Los Angeles Chargers

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:21 am

Basically, Jerry, I’m giving you a heads up that the Chargers will be aggressive in FA next offseason. Feel free to take out your revenge on the rest of the league on the field though. Chargers will be happy to help with that. :mrgreen:
Los Angeles Chargers

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:51 pm

Steve that was a byproduct of being happy with most of my roster prior to the draft. Wait two seasons and see where we are....I've got a ton of expiring contracts in two years. The moves I made were where I saw a guy who was equal or better to someone I had with an expiring contract. For the most part the players in the league are so cookie cutter there was no inclination to do any kind of player related trading that and most of the guys you offered were too old for my taste. =)

Jerry-Redskins

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:07 pm

I welcome the FA aggression Steve. I don't get frustrated with bidding on starting players. It's the bench depth types getting more bidding that drives me crazy. The cap hit several of us hard. I dropped $60M, but I didn't go as far as you are fixing it this season. I will have to do a little more pruning next offseason. I'm really thinking out how and where use cap space. Some position groups seem to produce fine with less talent.

The cookie cutter players are changing. This draft did move the bell curve a little.
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:33 pm

Yeah I had to rethink how I was going to build and manage my roster completely. I’m actually quite curious to see how a roster with solid vets as starters with rookies for depth works this season. If I am still successful then it sure does drive down the need to be stacked at all levels like last season.
Los Angeles Chargers

Return to “Trash Talk”