Mac
No votes
Linux
No votes

Total votes: 10

Matt-Jacksonville

Poll: What OS are you running?

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:50 am

This banter and some discussions with Brian have got my creative mind going again. As we have multiple people looking at building utltities/apps to enhance the game and improve QoL for the coaches, it would be beneficial to know what everyone is running.

For example, I could possibly create an app that would allow Mitch's dream of loading 30,000+ sims of data and spitting out reams of spreadsheets, but the only way I could do that is on a 64bit machine. I understand some of you may not know what that is or care, but to some of you that would be VERY helpful.

This is an issue because depending on what you are running, the utility would not be available if I made it 64 bit.

Mitch-Oilers

Re: Poll: What OS are you running?

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:25 am

Matt-Jacksonville wrote:This banter and some discussions with Brian have got my creative mind going again. As we have multiple people looking at building utltities/apps to enhance the game and improve QoL for the coaches, it would be beneficial to know what everyone is running.

For example, I could possibly create an app that would allow Mitch's dream of loading 30,000+ sims of data and spitting out reams of spreadsheets, but the only way I could do that is on a 64bit machine. I understand some of you may not know what that is or care, but to some of you that would be VERY helpful.

This is an issue because depending on what you are running, the utility would not be available if I made it 64 bit.

I create do 16,000 sims worth of data witj wlog now, thanks to Brian's new app.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Matt-Jacksonville

Re: Poll: What OS are you running?

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:06 pm

I'm pretty confident we can smash those numbers, but it may be a pain to get there. Also, not sure if everyone will be able to use the app if we go 64bit like we would have to do to get around some constraints.

Return to “General”