Play editor

James-Eagles

Play editor

Postby James-Eagles » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:08 am

How possible likely would it be able to write a program that allows you to edit plays, profiles and plans outside the game? I think one of the biggest hurdles is getting the game to run.

Brian-Broncos

Re: Play editor

Postby Brian-Broncos » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:01 pm

I think one of the biggest hurdles is getting the game to run.

What do you mean by this? I haven't had a problem getting the game to run, well, once I got it running. :) Wondering if you got all the patches installed, etc. The game does crash on me every now and then, especially when simulating a bunch of games, but has been running without issues for me, in general. Disabling the need for CD might help if there are hardware issues going on. See this post: https://pnfl.biz/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4661.

Profile: I'm already planning to (eventually) write a program or use Excel to edit profiles outside of the game. There are 2,520 situations, I can't believe you only can see/modify one at a time. Copy function doesn't count. The profile file format is very simple and determining the algorithm to calculate situation # should be pretty straight forward (and kind of fun). A good UI would be the hardest part, but I think even an Excel spreadsheet may make a suitable replacement.

Play editor: This would be a whole lot harder. A lot more reverse engineering involved to figure out the file format and what the different values mean in the file, but quite possibly doable. There wouldn't be a good way to practice it though without running it thru the game of course, so I'm not sure this would help.

Game plan: Doable. File format is easy again, looks like they still just write file paths for the plays directly into the file, so again Excel could do this.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. - George Carlin

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:46 am

Be VERY careful in assuming how simple this is. Many game files are encrypted and you have to figure that part out first before it gets as easy as you say. That's what has stumped me for years is getting past that encryption otherwise I'd have a couple of utilities under my belt by now. Not sure if they are on the league site, but there is some game code out in the wild that was released specifically to write utilities.

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:15 am

Honestly, I just need someone to figure out how to convert a wlogstats database to Excel. If someone can do that, I would be whistling zippity doda out my.... well, you know... :)
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:59 pm

Mitch-Oilers wrote:Honestly, I just need someone to figure out how to convert a wlogstats database to Excel. If someone can do that, I would be whistling zippity doda out my.... well, you know... :)

Do not do this we can't have his prep getting any easier.

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:50 pm

And all I want is someone to create a new winlog so I can compile massive logs to generate career stats.
Of course, then that log needs to be able to get into excel afterward.
Is that really asking too much :lol:

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:51 am

James-Eagles wrote:
Mitch-Oilers wrote:Honestly, I just need someone to figure out how to convert a wlogstats database to Excel. If someone can do that, I would be whistling zippity doda out my.... well, you know... :)

@James

Bring on the Salary Cap!
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:35 pm

How are the secret negotiations going? :lol:

Brian-Broncos

Postby Brian-Broncos » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:32 pm

Mitch-Oilers wrote:
Honestly, I just need someone to figure out how to convert a wlogstats database to Excel. If someone can do that, I would be whistling zippity doda out my.... well, you know... :)

Was I not supposed to do this?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TpTGvLdOyiD_tedIP0SC96T2XzVCdBOl/view?usp=drive_link

Python needed. Read the doc for instructions.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. - George Carlin

Return to “General”