Receiver Fake Rule

Dean-Atlanta

Re: Receiver Fake Rule

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:08 pm

Justin-Chicago wrote:
Dean-Atlanta wrote:Medium passing is less effective in some ways because FBPro employs a "catch up" feature where, there longer ther pass route, the more the defender catches up to the receiver. Fakes will not help counter that.

I have observed that the player possessing the ball is slowed down relative to other players. I believe this could be countered by downward adjusting the EN of the defenders a bit.

That is already built into the current ratings model, WRs top out at 91 EN and CBs at 87 EN.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:21 am

Keep it real though. If a receiver uses 'throw a fake' the QB must execute 'fake pass' for each instance. So if two receivers execute 'throw a fake,' the QB must 'fake pass' at least twice before passing the ball.

I'd even allow RBs to 'throw a fake' in the back field but only if they are the recipient of a 'fake handoff' from the QB and it is timed to occur simultaneously.

So, yes, I'm in favor as long as the QB does something too.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:29 am

I'd say limit it like I believe Charlie intends to one play per category. Also, I think the HB fakes in the backfield need to be tested as a separate item first before allowing them to be implemented. This just screams like it could potentially be an AI buster. However, if it can be proved to not be I'd be ok with it.

Return to “General”