Smaller Draft Pool

Matt-Jacksonville

Re: Smaller Draft Pool

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:16 pm

Everyone evaluates their players differently and that is the problem. What you see as me dumping HB2 and CB2 are more like two players that are closer to the bottom of my depth chart due to a change in philosophy. Sure HB Dillion is a great back, I won't deny that, but I'm putting more emphasis on ST in my backfield and he just doesn't fit what I'm looking for there.

CB DJ Reed is a solid vet and I would probably keep him around, BUT he only has one year left and I have to decide whether to keep him in a crowded defensive backfield or try to move on.

Yes they are solid players. Is it tunnel vision, no it isn't. Also, I'm not necessarily going to dump BOTH. Probably just one.

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:19 pm

Also more to the point of the original topic. My favoring a smaller pool is more so performance driven. However, a compromise we could do to accomplish that would be to purge the pool like we did AFTER FA and the Draft. Make sure we at minimum get rid of the "No One" type players in the pool which I think everyone can agree to and we can also purge the scrubs and leave the average and above average guys there for a few seasons. As the talent evolves over the years we can purge the old guys who have sat a few years as well.

Jerry-Redskins

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:42 pm

Agree with the last part Matt. Still wondering what the one player guys hurt. They are all just a player ID in reality. No different that other players sitting in the pool. Other than for Rich maybe, what does it matter if there were 10K guys in there as long as the top of the league is different.
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:15 pm

It's a performance thing. The game can only handle so many players/player ids in the files. If you get to the max amount which we have numerous times, you have to thin the pool out so we can keep playing. My concern is the integrity of the league files.

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:30 pm

Matt-Jacksonville wrote:It's a performance thing. The game can only handle so many players/player ids in the files. If you get to the max amount which we have numerous times, you have to thin the pool out so we can keep playing. My concern is the integrity of the league files.

THIS
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Return to “General”