PNFL Season Custom Plays Poll

Would you support open mix of plays for weekly submissions?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:20 pm

1 8 plays a week open mix.
67%
2 8 plays a week - as last season 4 Off - 4 Def.
33%

Total votes: 15

Tim-Colts

Re: PNFL Season Custom Plays Poll

Postby Tim-Colts » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:06 pm

Also I wish we could totally take off the restriction for what can be called. I find that more cumbersome than finding plays. Trying to keep track of which type of play I can call in some certain situation.

If I could set the plays for a way I need to run them, then I know for a situation which categories to pick, instead of checking the rules, then I'm forced to get all different plays if I want to change my first down behavior. It would be easier to have my set pool of plays and then I decided how to use them.

This is the most restrictive league I have ever been in for PPP setup and how you can call.
#1 overall pick 2041, #1 overall pick 2042 => made the playoffs...

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:22 pm

Tim-Colts wrote:The biggest problem with the play pool is the vast amount of plays. I don't spend tons of time looking through it, but when I do I notice many plays that look very similar. It makes the prep for putting a PPP together that much higher.

I'm not against the plays, just seems like there is so many you can find ones that already do the same thing instead of making another version. The problem is finding it for the sheer size of the play pool.

Somebody gets it!

We have over 3,000 plays. You have to sift through a lot of junk to get to the good plays which is why so many gameplans have similar plays.

I created a smaller play pool based on the Top 100 plays in each category. I used the data from my practice sims to put the pool together. I still have good play variety but I cut through a lot of the junk.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:21 pm

I recently sent out the PNFL Scout Annual Report that has every play, offense, and defense with all the associated stats. That should tell you everything that you need to know about any play that was called last season. I would think that would be your best benchmark as to where to start looking. I even gave instructions to move Pass plays from the Run tab to get accurate completions and sacks for Timed passes in the Pass tab. Last, I eliminated all Stop Clock and Run Clock plays that keep from diluting the defensive plays called against these plays that result in no yards or a loss.

There is nothing more I can do about the abundance of plays that we have, which we also purge every few years. And no, we are not allowing any category on any down as the use of specific plays in certain situations was a cornerstone of the VPNFL, the mother of the PNFL.

Return to “General”