PNFL Season Custom Plays Poll

Would you support open mix of plays for weekly submissions?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:20 pm

1 8 plays a week open mix.
67%
2 8 plays a week - as last season 4 Off - 4 Def.
33%

Total votes: 15

Moxs - Patriots

PNFL Season Custom Plays Poll

Postby Moxs - Patriots » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:20 pm

I think we should carry this over into the PNFL Regular Season.
8 plays a week - any mix between off and def.
I have run it by Charlie and he is fine with it.
Told me to post and see.

Steve-LA Chargers

Re: PNFL Season Custom Plays Poll

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:38 pm

I would even reduce it to FOUR plays, but I know we won't. Why do we need so many every week? Charlie has a life. We shouldn't be making him potentially review 144 plays per week (including his own). 4 X 18 = 72 is at least reasonable.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:50 pm

If there is concern that someone could submit 8 plays in one category, simply limit thisto4plays per category but stillallow8 offense or 8 defense provided the plays are in at least 2play categories.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:54 pm

Steve-LA Chargers wrote:I would even reduce it to FOUR plays, but I know we won't. Why do we need so many every week? Charlie has a life. We shouldn't be making him potentially review 144 plays per week (including his own). 4 X 18 = 72 is at least reasonable.

To encourage people to submit earlier and give Charlie more time to review them, maybe it should be 8 per team, either def or off, but total of72 per week among all teams, first come first served. Although it never happens, if nine teams submit 8 plays, no more new plays will be accepted that week.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:30 pm

Steve-LA Chargers wrote:I would even reduce it to FOUR plays, but I know we won't. Why do we need so many every week? Charlie has a life. We shouldn't be making him potentially review 144 plays per week (including his own). 4 X 18 = 72 is at least reasonable.

@Steve - I agree with you. Too many plays as it is for us to add so many extra per week.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Moxs - Patriots

Postby Moxs - Patriots » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:00 pm

So, the Coaches that create plays (generally) want this the Coaches that do not (generally) do not.
My point is that this opens up more options - and creativity.
Limiting things - just moves to a profile only league.

Shawn-Giants

Postby Shawn-Giants » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:00 pm

As a play creator I agree with Moxs, open it up for creativity. More plays for the non-play creators to choose from.

If Charlie is fine with it, I'm cool with it, I don't like to speak for him or assume he isn't comfortable with something when they haven't said so themselves.

Would be cool if we could target certain categories that may not have as many plays as others to help balance them out. Gives opportunity to utilize plays 75 people don't have in their game plan already.

Not everyone creates plays so wouldn't be much of a uptick in submissions, the extra plays would represent the owners that don't create any and prefer to use plays other coaches create.

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:37 am

I've changed my mind... go for it! In fact, make it 10 plays per week, any mix!
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:50 pm

LOL. You guys are a kick! Not going to change for this season; 8 plays max, no more than 4 on either side of the ball.

Modifications to Special plays do not count. Special plays are personnel only, not the location of players, the routes of players, or the logic of players.

Tim-Colts

Postby Tim-Colts » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:58 pm

The biggest problem with the play pool is the vast amount of plays. I don't spend tons of time looking through it, but when I do I notice many plays that look very similar. It makes the prep for putting a PPP together that much higher.

I'm not against the plays, just seems like there is so many you can find ones that already do the same thing instead of making another version. The problem is finding it for the sheer size of the play pool.
#1 overall pick 2041, #1 overall pick 2042 => made the playoffs...

Return to “General”