Crazy? Idea

Mitch-Oilers

Re: Crazy? Idea

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:09 pm

Mitch-Oilers wrote:I don't know if 40 is the right number, but I think more than 46 would be create enough "tough" decisions for GMs.

I meant to type, "I think more than 46 wouldn't create enough "tough" decisions for GMs."

End quote, repeat the line...
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:30 pm

I’m against any FA draft. I’ll vote no on that every time.

0 point bids should never be ended if we have a FA system that is point based. They are mainly there in the regular season for the sole purpose of allowing point-low teams to still be able to make emergency depth moves. In particular they enable new coaches to make changes to their roster affordably if the prior coach mismanaged it. They are a necessary safety net.

And as to the original subject, I’m still a no. I think it would cause lots of cuts. The boosts are enough.

If I were to fix anything, I’d recommend making IN and DI Actuals provide the most variation except at QB). We should be seeing CBs in the draft with 83 83 86 but an extremely low actual IN DI that needs TCs. I’m quite sure if these two ratings were at league minimums for some players, it will affect execution.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:42 pm

Steve-LA Chargers wrote:I'm done with this discussion. This league is just fucked. LOL

1) Am I ever really done with a discussion? :lol:
2) The league's Free Agency pool is the only thing that's kind of 'fucked' right now - everything else about the league is awesome including all the coaches!
Los Angeles Chargers

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:11 pm

How about we do something like this:

You go into the new season with 53 on your roster as usual. We cut down ten guys to 43. This should provide 180 players of mixed talent. At this point, we hold our draft as normal with a few changes. We can draft anyone out of that pool in addition to the rookies and we go for ten rounds to fill back up to 53. We hold TC and have some preseason games, then we start the regular season. Instead of a point system to acquire FA, we institute a waiver wire. Everyone who was interested in a FA gets 24 hours from the first post to reply stating their interest. Once 24 hours is up, the player is awarded based on the order of the waiver wire.

We do away with Physicals/Transfers and let players retire normally. In lieu of the waiver wire, we could do a points system but, only use it for signing FA during the season. These points would not carry over from season to season.

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:13 pm

Matt-Jacksonville wrote:How about we do something like this:

You go into the new season with 53 on your roster as usual. We cut down ten guys to 43. This should provide 180 players of mixed talent. At this point, we hold our draft as normal with a few changes. We can draft anyone out of that pool in addition to the rookies and we go for ten rounds to fill back up to 53. We hold TC and have some preseason games, then we start the regular season. Instead of a point system to acquire FA, we institute a waiver wire. Everyone who was interested in a FA gets 24 hours from the first post to reply stating their interest. Once 24 hours is up, the player is awarded based on the order of the waiver wire.

We do away with Physicals/Transfers and let players retire normally. In lieu of the waiver wire, we could do a points system but, only use it for signing FA during the season. These points would not carry over from season to season.

Rich, basically, you're fired!
Los Angeles Chargers

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:16 pm

Gentlemen. You need to accept two facts. Physicals are not going away. The point system is not going away. They are part of what the PNFL is.

You need to focus on things that will make this system work better. The commissioners are 100% not open to drastic changes.
Los Angeles Chargers

Return to “General”