Crazy? Idea

James-Eagles

Re: Crazy? Idea

Postby James-Eagles » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:31 am

https://pnfl.biz/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2415&p=5636#p5636

We have to create a spreadsheet that generates a random result when open then gives an outputed draft class to import.

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:38 am

[quote="James-Eagles

2. I posted a thing about boost that I thought was a great Idea. Preselect players before the draft that have a chance of a boost or even a negative hit. Information is already known. Then it is a GM choice if they want to take the player earlier for say a 30% chance of a boost. Or in my suggest a high risk player who could either be a boost or a super start how early do you take said player.

.[/quote]
There is a typo It should be a high risk player could be a boost or a bust SO may be 10% of being a perfect 100 pot but als have 20% chance of being so bad he is cut before the season. The details could be ironed out. I jsut am more inline with an informed boost. That way we know the risk we are taking. you have a late 2nd round pick and there is a 4th round QB but has 20% chance of being the top QB in the class. Do you take him with 80% chance it is a bad pick or 20% the best pick in the draft.

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:56 am

James-Eagles wrote:[quote="James-Eagles

2. I posted a thing about boost that I thought was a great Idea. Preselect players before the draft that have a chance of a boost or even a negative hit. Information is already known. Then it is a GM choice if they want to take the player earlier for say a 30% chance of a boost. Or in my suggest a high risk player who could either be a boost or a super start how early do you take said player.

There is a typo It should be a high risk player could be a boost or a bust SO may be 10% of being a perfect 100 pot but als have 20% chance of being so bad he is cut before the season. The details could be ironed out. I jsut am more inline with an informed boost. That way we know the risk we are taking. you have a late 2nd round pick and there is a 4th round QB but has 20% chance of being the top QB in the class. Do you take him with 80% chance it is a bad pick or 20% the best pick in the draft.[/quote]

I'm not necessarily in favor of this. People tend to load up on picks and if you have 10-20 picks it makes it a lot easier and less of a risk to go for someone like this. If we all had 7 picks exactly, this would be an easy choice.

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:00 am

Kind of too late for this offseason obviously. The main concern I have with hidden POT rating drafts is that you can expect a ton of cuts after it. That sounds like a commish nightmare.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:25 am

Matt-Jacksonville wrote:
James-Eagles wrote:
I'm not necessarily in favor of this. People tend to load up on picks and if you have 10-20 picks it makes it a lot easier and less of a risk to go for someone like this. If we all had 7 picks exactly, this would be an easy choice.

I think loading up with decrease and the details of how the boost etc. works. I think the big thing is I want the boost to be informed. Instead of 4 players are selected at random. Certain players have a percentage of a chance for a boost etc. We know before we draft them what that chance is. I thin it could lead to reaches and could cause non boost players to drop.

Jerry-Redskins

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:03 am

I hate all of it. Just want a few routine seasons. Getting tired of the discussions.
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:12 am

Jerry-Redskins wrote:I hate all of it. Just want a few routine seasons. Getting tired of the discussions.

I thought Charlie was the old man. Jerry is now the Get off my lawn guy.

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:51 am

Hay James, I resemble that remark!

Tim-Colts

Postby Tim-Colts » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:01 pm

I would not be opposed to hidden pots, since that puts everybody at the same disadvantage. This will always be a controversy that is hard to get buy in from enough owners to keep people happy.

As far as a known percentage chance to find a stud or dud, I say NO WAY. The thought of having this makes you know that people will be automatically only going after these guys in the later rounds. Personally I'm not a get off my lawn type of guy, but we have been implementing several changes over the last few seasons that have not had much time to determine what affect it has on the league longer term. Nobody wants catastrophic changes that requires a drastic measure to correct some problem that we have caused. This league has been around for quite a while for a reason and I'm not sure we should diverge too much from the formula that has worked for more than 40 game seasons.
#1 overall pick 2041, #1 overall pick 2042 => made the playoffs...

Tim-Colts

Postby Tim-Colts » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:04 pm

One other thing, the percentage chance is known from the standpoint that you have 18 picks and a 1 in 18 chance to get the boost. That is good enough for me.
#1 overall pick 2041, #1 overall pick 2042 => made the playoffs...

Return to “General”