Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 11

Barney - Vikings

Re: PROPOSAL: Require a Center to be Open Active

Postby Barney - Vikings » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:22 pm

Steve-LA Chargers wrote:If it fails, trust me, I’m using it as ammunition to make another proposal to reduce the TE requirement. :lol: :P :evil:

Every team in the NFL has at least 2 TE’s on the roster. Another solution without a problem.

You don’t know what to do with yourself without a game to play, do you?

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:05 pm

Barney - Vikings wrote:
Steve-LA Chargers wrote:If it fails, trust me, I’m using it as ammunition to make another proposal to reduce the TE requirement. :lol: :P :evil:

Every team in the NFL has at least 2 TE’s on the roster. Another solution without a problem.

Thanks for your sarcastic, snarky comment about how I spend my time, but I have plenty to do.

I was genuinely trying to ensure we have better balanced rosters. I watched the WAS-CHI game and heard the broadcasters mention the fact that the WAS OL was going to be a mess after their C1 went down and thought I’d try to address the issue.

You guys win though. I’ll stop ‘finding solutions for problems that don’t exist’ and just go silent. Not only do I withdraw this proposal, but I won’t make any future proposals nor participate in any future proposal votes or any more rule change discussions.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:16 pm

Steve-LA Chargers wrote:I think enough has been said in this thread for everyone to make their vote. Please vote.

If it fails, trust me, I’m using it as ammunition to make another proposal to reduce the TE requirement. :lol: :P :evil:

I would vote in favor of that.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:09 am

Steve-LA Chargers wrote:
Barney - Vikings wrote:

Thanks for your sarcastic, snarky comment about how I spend my time, but I have plenty to do.

I was genuinely trying to ensure we have better balanced rosters. I watched the WAS-CHI game and heard the broadcasters mention the fact that the WAS OL was going to be a mess after their C1 went down and thought I’d try to address the issue.

You guys win though. I’ll stop ‘finding solutions for problems that don’t exist’ and just go silent. Not only do I withdraw this proposal, but I won’t make any future proposals nor participate in any future proposal votes or any more rule change discussions.

@ Steve - I like Barney was just busting your chops a little bit like some people did me last offseason.

I have normally carried 2 Cs A/O on my roster incase of injury. About mid-season this year I decided to only have one C A/O because of injuries at other position as well as to protect players at other positions from the PS.

In my logical football mind, I think I need a backup C ready to step in with good HA and IN incase of injury. Then the PNFL mind kicks in and I realize there isn't much difference between the different OLs so I'll take the risk since we tend to have very few injuries.

With TEs, there is a much wider gap in SP and ST built into the ratings scale.

My guess is more teams would carry a backup C as A/O if there was more differentiation in the player ratings. With many players at or close to MAX ratings, many of our Gs and Ts have hands ratings in the 60s. If my starting C's HAs are MAXed at 65 and my Gs and Ts are in the 60s as well, I think I can survive a few plays or a half with one of those guys at C.

It's the same argument with CBs and Ss. With most players at or near MAX in ST, a team with CBs at 60/61 ST that are consistently fresh due to high sub rates are not going to miss many more tackles than the MAXed S with 66 ST.

For me, it goes back to differentiation from MAX for our players. The ratings difference will dictate the rosters.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Barney - Vikings

Postby Barney - Vikings » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:03 am

Steve-LA Chargers wrote:Thanks for your sarcastic, snarky comment about how I spend my time, but I have plenty to do.

@Steve Sorry, I was just busting your chops. I know you have the best interests of the league at heart. Please continue doing so, maybe running ideas by the Tri-Lateral Commission(Charlie, Rich,Jerry) first before asking for a vote.

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:48 am

I will not be making any proposals regarding TEs. I only mentioned that in jest.

I'm stepping away from this forum until the offseason begins.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Return to “General”