Opinion Poll re:Game Shedule

James-Eagles

Re: Opinion Poll re:Game Shedule

Postby James-Eagles » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:43 pm

tmurph-Jets wrote:Might be fun to play every team and just take Chicago off and we're good :)

Or, how about you play all games inside your conference, 2x vs all 8

A rotation of traditional, play everyone, play only your conference.

I don't see any harm.

I actually had FB98 league where you only played in conference games. This wouldn't work in PNFL. You can't do byes and odd number of teams in conferences.

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:37 pm

The only schedule change I'd like to see is expanding to 28 teams so we can have more traditional rivals on the schedule.

I know that would cause other issues. However, a guy can wish.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:17 pm

I almost suggested that till I realized we couldn't just go to 24.

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:19 pm

Mitch-Chiefs wrote:The only schedule change I'd like to see is expanding to 28 teams so we can have more traditional rivals on the schedule.

I know that would cause other issues. However, a guy can wish.

Recruit 6 coaches and we could probably do well as a 28 team league that has 4 "headless horseman" CPU teams.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Shawn-Giants

Postby Shawn-Giants » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:42 am

If it's just a rotation and not permanent, I don't see any harm either, currently the only way to play different teams without switching teams, would be to rotate the schedule, @Charlie, what would the alternate schedule look like?

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:39 am

I would love to be able to find a way to add permanent rivalries especially if they were cross conference rivalries. However, I was looking into alternative schedule formats trying to see what I could come up with and decided that the biggest issue we have is that the divisions are not even. When we have two four team divisions and two five team divisions there is not an easy way to come with with equal schedules for all teams.

The best format I could come up with is what we are probably using currently.

Division opponents x 2
Opposite division in same conference x 1
Then the remaining 4-5 games would be from a division in the opposite conference that would match the number of teams needed to round out the schedule.

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:00 am

Shawn-Giants wrote:If it's just a rotation and not permanent, I don't see any harm either, currently the only way to play different teams without switching teams, would be to rotate the schedule, @Charlie, what would the alternate schedule look like?

The only way to play different opponents is to finish in a different spot.it is based on where you finish in your division

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:06 am

Matt-Jacksonville wrote:I would love to be able to find a way to add permanent rivalries especially if they were cross conference rivalries. However, I was looking into alternative schedule formats trying to see what I could come up with and decided that the biggest issue we have is that the divisions are not even. When we have two four team divisions and two five team divisions there is not an easy way to come with with equal schedules for all teams.

The best format I could come up with is what we are probably using currently.

Division opponents x 2
Opposite division in same conference x 1
Then the remaining 4-5 games would be from a division in the opposite conference that would match the number of teams needed to round out the schedule.

You hit why it is a pain to write the schedule. If people want to change it. It is all good but I think the way it is written right now works really well for the league. The fact that Detroit Washington San Fran and Chicago will all play Jets Minnesota and Kansas City is good for the league. Also out NFC only one other team will have to play the Jets and no other teams will have to play Minnesota or KC. That gives other teams a fighting chance. Just like LA doesn't have to play Detroit, Washington, Chicago and San Fran next year but Minnesota and KC do. It is the benefit to having a bad season

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:03 am

And to flip the script, I may get the Jets twice a season, but unless I make the playoffs, I shouldn't have to play the Jets twice and then Chicago.

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:57 pm

Matt-Jacksonville wrote:And to flip the script, I may get the Jets twice a season, but unless I make the playoffs, I shouldn't have to play the Jets twice and then Chicago.

If you don't finish 2nd in your division. You can miss the playoff and get Chicago if you finish 2nd in the east.

Interesting last 2 season teams that each team didn't get to play

Jets-Det(will play next year), Sea, Ana
Indy- Ana, NO
NE- SF, NYG, Ana
Jax-Chi, sea

East teams have a good shot of playing each other since they usually play 3 so they only miss one a season.

KC- SF(Will play next year), NYG, Sea
Min-NO, Atl, Det(will play next year)
LA- Det, Sea, Ana
Pit- Chi, Was, NYG, NO
LVR- Chi, Was, Atl

Was-Pitt, LVR
Det- Jet(next year) Min(Next Year), LA
NYG- NE, KC,Pit
Atl-LVR, min

CHi- jax, Pit, LVR
SF- NE, KC(willplay next year)
No-Indy, Min, Pit
Sea-Jax, LA, Jets, KC

It is interesting There will be more teams that play teams that they haven't played. The ones I put up are ones I know for sure at current schedule.

Return to “General”