Two week delay?

Justin-Chicago

Two week delay?

Postby Justin-Chicago » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:14 am

Today is the first day for 2043 season games. I want to put this out there early, to see if there is consensus.

I am proposing a two week delay.

To me personally it does not really matter. But as of this moment there is a team with six extra players on their active roster. Just yesterday we got the yet another play correction email. At least one dice roll is being awaited. We've had alot more practice squad bids than in years past. Week 2 will be right on the heels of week 1 due to Rich's schedule. Things feel a little bit chaotic. How many PPP issues are still to come?

What if we just make week 1 PPPs due Saturday September 30th?

It eliminates the rushed start. It aligns us better with the NFL end of season schedule (the PNFL Super Bowl would be on track for February 3rd, the bye week before the NFL SB.) Gives the new and newer coaches a better opportunity to get things set. Alleviates the crunch of gameplan errors.

Again it doesn't really matter to me. But it might be better for most.
Thoughts?

Donovon-Steelers

Re: Two week delay?

Postby Donovon-Steelers » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:37 am

Pittsburgh agrees with Washington on this.

Neil-Raiders

Postby Neil-Raiders » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:49 am

I can be ready to go by Saturday, but I would also welcome a two week delay. It was a hectic off-season for some of us and an additional two weeks to catch up would be very helpful.

Just in case, can anyone provide Mitch a two-week sedative?

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:03 am

I would vote in favor of this. This would remove the rushed week 2 situation entirely if we did this. I like most people here could be ready by Saturday, but it may be a bit rushed.

Tim-Colts

Postby Tim-Colts » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:04 am

I agree that many changes keep dropping that make preparations for this week a bit rushed. I keep thinking I will get the latest play pool from the site, then another message shows up about moving files, new changes, new plays, etc. This has been a really crazy last month to month and a half around the PPP. Plus I agree that a short week could hurt some coaches more than others (I have time during the week to update my PPP, but some might have to wait until Saturday to do it).

I don't care much about our season lining up with the NFL SB, but the changes have really put some strain on the prep.
#1 overall pick 2041, #1 overall pick 2042 => made the playoffs...

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:45 am

I am in favor of a two week delay so long as there are no more custom plays added between then and now. The delay should allow time for getting things squared away in the league and should not be used by play makers to inundate Charlie.

Life simply hasn't given me any free time this week other than to send sarcastic replies to email threads. I could use the extra time to prepare. I can be ready with something for week 1 by Saturday if absolutely needed, but I will not be ready today (sorry Charlie).
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:52 am

I don't think a 2 week delay is necessary. Week 1 is always known as a "crap shot" anyway.

If we delay the start of the season, we should delay the start 1 week. Games will be played next Thursday and Friday as Rich already shared.

This gives all coaches this weekend to get ready.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Shawn-Giants

Postby Shawn-Giants » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:05 am

These hiccups were experiencing happens regardless in season or off-season, I don't think there's ever a perfect time that works for each individual as we all have varying life schedules.

I'll reserve the right to Rich and what is most convenient for him. If he doesn't have an issue then I don't, if he has an issue then I do.

I'd rather him enjoy his kickass vacation travel without having to deal with any emails or sims or rushing to complete trying to appease the masses.

I'm fine either way. Whatever is convenient for Rich, I'd prefer to stay on schedule but that's just my selfish opinion.

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:42 am

I saw only one PS bid. I assume all those Seattle trades were really Seattle going after PS players instead of making bids for them. If it's just Seattle that needs to finalize their roster, then it shouldn't hold up everything.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:12 pm

I say let's ride the dragon and play games this weekend. I'm ready to roll.

How did one team end up 6 players over the roster max? We are all responsible to have the number in mind in making off-season moves, and know that we need to be no more than 63 players 53 plus 10 max on PS.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Return to “General”