Rating proposal - wider varying IN and DI

Steve-LA Chargers

Rating proposal - wider varying IN and DI

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:47 am

Let's begin this offseason with using a wider range of IN and DI ratings for all rookies except QB, K, P. For QB (these two ratings are too core to them), maybe target AC. For K/P, maybe target HA.

I fully believe IN & DI ratings can massively affect the game if we make them wider ranged. Dean even pointed out in his testing that our high IN DBs basically ignore 'throw a fake.' I'm quite sure these ratings are affecting other things as well.'

Rookies should have low IN and DI to start with. Near the bottom of the range. First round players should have max potential, but bottom to mid-range actuals. The rest vary in their potentials, but are generally at the bottom at the start of their careers. They have to play and go through multiple training camps to get better.

I know some guys want much wider ranges for all ratings but I propose we do this in a more methodical way, so it's easy for Charlie to implement. And easy for us to test without inadvertently hurting the league.

My post isn't about all the ratings, but if we do eventually go after all the ratings, my recommendation is to keep it simple and focus on reduced potentials to drive better variety:
* 1st round talent - no changes but 1-2 QBs per draft will be maxed in ST, IN and/or DI to make him worthy of 1st pick overall consideration
* 2nd round talent: -1 max potentials in up to 3 ratings
* 3rd round talent: -2 max potentials in up to 3 ratings
* 4th & 5th round talent: -2 max potentials in 4-5 ratings
* 6th & 7th round talent: -2 max potentials in 6-8 ratings or -3 max potentials in up to 3 ratings
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Mitch-Oilers

Re: Rating proposal - wider varying IN and DI

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:25 pm

If we go this direction, I recommend IN, DI and EN for all positions being reduced at an accelerated rate.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:33 pm

Also, as I've posted in the past, we can create a wider variance in ratings methodically over time which will be barely noticeable. It can easily be done.

Draft Class ratings range
2043 - MAX to 95% of MAX
2044 - MAX to 94% of MAX
2045 - MAX to 93% of MAX
2046 - MAX to 92% of MAX
2047 - MAX to 91% of MAX
2048 - MAX to 90% of MAX
2049 - MAX to 89% of MAX
2050 - MAX to 88% of MAX
2051 - MAX to 87% of MAX
2052 - MAX to 86% of MAX
2053 - MAX to 85% of MAX

Go forward MIN after the next 11 drafts would be 85% of MAX
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:31 am

I would only be in favor of reducing EN IF we can make a change to the play submissions allowing play duplicates that swap out players only. IE we add more plays that allow us to sub out using play selection instead of the built in substitutions. If we reduce the endurance and don't allow the dups in play design, then we are at the mercy of the game's subbing.

Also would it make sense if a guy is in good enough shape to make it to the NFL that he suddenly is fat and lazy? Maybe in a few cases, but not as the norm.

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:36 am

Also, care and thought has to be given to the rookies if we do this. We need to make sure that the earlier round picks have the ability to max out their ratings and later rounds not as much. We don't want to create 1st and 2nd round picks that allow you to max out primary ratings only to not be able to max out IN and DI.

Return to “General”