Salary Cap Rules Finish

Matt-Jacksonville

Re: Salary Cap Rules Finish

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:55 pm

Whatever we do needs to be simple.

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:35 pm

50 points - allocated to each team based on our TV deal and overall revenue sharing

35 points - minimum number of points teams must spend each season

65 points - maximum number of points teams can spend each season
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Jerry-Redskins

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:47 pm

We are getting carried away. There is no reason to go crazy. 2/3 of the teams have under 20 points available, which is where it should be. We should not create some new way to punish the whole league for a few oddities. We were fine until we created the $$ cap and allowed trading of points and Detroit blew up their team. We just need to stop points from being used over and over to buy contract years. This is causing point inflation. If we stop trading of points teams, the teams who blew up their roster or who have been cheaper in spending will just be stuck with them. Don't let the cheaper spenders send their cap space to others. Let them eat them. There is somewhat of a correlation with point balances and lower team talent level outside the two blown up teams and teams selling all their excess players for points. Let cheaper teams keep their extra points to themselves and the blown up teams eventually spend to resign their young rosters and the points will come back in line mostly. High talent teams have to spend to keep the talent on their roster or it becomes available to others who have to spend to acquire it. Just make sure the spending is to the league bank and not other teams. This is what causes the cap to work.

2/3 of us are close to having cap issues and we want to make that even worse because of a couple of risky moves by others. Slow and steady with simple incremental change is better than more drastic moves. We used the original points cap for a million seasons with no trading. There are not many points traded, but think about how just say 15 traded in a season allowed players to move with contracts and left the points for even more contracts to be signed. Some even traded again for players with contracts. Its the same as the real world economy. A dollar spent is expected to generate at least 3 times in the local economy. Stop the inflation and point multiplication and we'll be fine. A cap is not meant to be a replicating economy. That's why you have the cap.
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Neil-Raiders

Postby Neil-Raiders » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:11 am

I'm on board with the Steve/Mitch suggestion of 50 points allocated annually to each team based on overall revenue sharing with a maximum of 65 points per team that can be spent each season (regardless of how it is spent). This is simple, straightforward, and easily adjustable if it needs to be tweaked.

I prefer to continue to allow players and picks to be 'sold' since it adds another level of GM strategy, and other than sports betting we don't have any other outside opportunities to create additional revenue. But I am willing to be convinced otherwise...for two points ;)

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:11 am

I feel that all of this is punishing people for using their points wisely. I say keep things as they are now. I have had supported rules more than once that screwed my team because it was for the betterment of the league. This discussion from what I have seen will not improve things.

Jerry-Redskins

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:57 pm

I am with James mostly. I only brought up ending trading to close the loop hole now that points are the true cap again. We would simply be going back to the rule before the $$ cap and allow people to keep the points they have and make sure 100% of spent points go out of the system which is needed to have a true cap. James is right about the small changes and the league being as active and fun as it been in a while.

Simple.

Already proven.

Attacks the excess points without dinging teams prior decisions in a incremental limited change
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Return to “General”