To move be more like the NFL salary system

Steve-LA Chargers

Re: To move be more like the NFL salary system

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:56 pm

Alright then … I'll purge my team to accelerate the restructuring of my roster to be cap friendly. I've done the projections and signing everyone will kill me points-wise over the next two seasons - especially if I resign vets I can't afford anyway. I'll have to cut my unsigned stars or trade them for whatever garbage I can get to avoid cap-tastrophe. Then going forward, I'll switch to the Belichek approach and rebuild through the draft and other team's cast-offs.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Jerry-Redskins

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:36 am

We shall see on the right cap number, but the avg overall salary of all players will rise until the new aging rules finish going into affect. It all depends on how many starting caliber players folks think is OK to be be stuck in FA unsigned if the cap does not recognize that fact. Once they are in effect, the cap in theory would never need to move again.

People never traded that much for players even in the past. More than now, but this has always been more a draft pick trading league. If the experiment with a $ cap fails, the point system worked well. It is a soft cap and makes FA work in an organized way with bidding. We could just drop the money cap. The part of the new system I wanted the most was the changes in anti aging to more realistic years. Keep the point system and the new anti aging and retirement rules and I'd be happy.
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:21 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty much in a 'let's give it a chance' mode now. Took me a few days to get over my own angst about my cap. I'll find a way and try to have fun with it too.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Return to “General”