Contracts File & Draft

Charlie-49ers

Contracts File & Draft

Postby Charlie-49ers » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:23 am

Well, after looking at the Contracts file it seems that the next couple of seasons is going to be very interesting! The average team has approximately twenty players (roughly 40%) in Greem and Yellow, so we are going to have a lot of super and semi-super stars retiring and thus the more diverse drafts of the past couple of years are going to come into play. Drafting, trading, and points have become more important and will be reflected in the teams and their performance. Tinkering with attributes is always a great topic to discuss, but as our teams become more diverse in their abilities our current attributes will be reflected on the field. Looking forward to another great season where any team can take it to the limit.

Mitch-Oilers

Re: Contracts File & Draft

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:58 am

Right on!

I've been paying attention to the top players based on age group. In fact, I plan to publish the Top 50 players with under 5 years experience in the next issue of the PNFL News.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:15 pm

Teams are loaded woith veteran players (except one) and there lots of undrafted players age 1-5 in the FA pool. In the next 3 seasons, a LOT of those veterans will retire and most of of teams will become a bit younger and transition to having mostly players from the rookie drafts as they are now being created.

It will be interesting to see how this impacts new play design and play on the field using some of our older plays. Some of the older plays no longer used much, like a our veteran players getting nearer to retirement, will get purged as well. Both our rosters and our play books look different than they did when I joined for the 2019 season. Change continues.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:33 pm

This is why I’m focusing on winning now and will gladly make sacrifices to fill holes with veteran talent and reload. I may have many top 100 players now, but I only have about one or two seasons before retirements and expiring contracts wipe me out. I’ll likely need to go the Lions way two seasons from now, but that’s okay. I wonder if drafting DE Shane in the 2nd round (despite his 86ST) will be seen in a different light three seasons from now once everyone has rosters full of stellar misfits like him.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:37 pm

Steve-LA Chargers wrote:This is why I’m focusing on winning now and will gladly make sacrifices to fill holes with veteran talent and reload. I may have many top 100 players now, but I only have about one or two seasons before retirements and expiring contracts wipe me out. I’ll likely need to go the Lions way two seasons from now, but that’s okay. I wonder if drafting DE Shane in the 2nd round (despite his 86ST) will be seen in a different light three seasons from now once everyone has rosters full of stellar misfits like him.

I know that feeling if you look at my roster of the mid 30's and later had a lot of age(and young guy backups to get under the cap). I made one last run 2038 then blew it up to get value before everyone retired.

Return to “General”