Suggestion

Rich-League Officer

Re: Suggestion

Postby Rich-League Officer » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:15 pm

And to be fair Jerry, in what bizarro world does a GM have to cut one player and move on to the next season :)
Life as the GM of the Redskins is pretty easy this year.
41 players under contract, 11 draft picks.
And you want more points? :lol:

Jerry-Redskins

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:23 pm

Got a lot to resign and hard decisions. The roster is very deep.
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:26 pm

But the PNFL also allows teams a window to trade unsigned players which the NFL does not.
Well, maybe they do too but no GM ever does it. Technically now, Carr could be traded by the Raiders but no GM has bitten.
Because real life players can just say, I refuse to go there and the trade is over.
If we change that rule, life would be tougher.

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:06 pm

Rich-League Officer wrote:But the PNFL also allows teams a window to trade unsigned players which the NFL does not.
Well, maybe they do too but no GM ever does it. Technically now, Carr could be traded by the Raiders but no GM has bitten.
Because real life players can just say, I refuse to go there and the trade is over.
If we change that rule, life would be tougher.

Let's be honest Carr has no reason to allow a trade. There is no way Raiders aren't cutting him. Most player don't have a no-trade clause. That is why I was saying when Watson first said he wanted out of Houston and Rodgers wanted out of Green Bay. I said send Rodgers for Watson. Let him rot in Houston.

Rich, they should trade Rodgers to Jets. Rodgers like following Brett Farve.

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:16 pm

Rich-League Officer wrote:
Sure James is obscene.

I am not the only one obscene. If you exclude me the top 5 teams have 520.5 or 40.9% of the points. The bottom half of the league has 535. That is only 14.5 more points for night teams vs 5. What this should tell you is may be if you are in the bottom. You might want to look at how you value points.

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:03 pm

James, I'm fine with what you and others do with points.
It doesn't bother me :)
I do think hoarding is pointless though.
Yes you want to preserve some for a rainy day but the real genius is locking up stars long term.

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:09 pm

Oh, I will spend points. I believe I showed that in the Free Agent period after the draft. I am just not signing anyone to a restructured contract until I have to. I don't right now. I think people forget I used to be a big spender and willing to move picks for players. I am in building mode, now.

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:47 am

Well, I think that the road that we have been going down is the correct one. Rich makes all the points correctly that we considered many seasons ago to have teams manage their teams to retain their better players, but eventually cannot afford all of them. The point reduction has headed us in that direction, but we are not there yet. 50 points for the next season might do it and we can freeze that number until the League folds, which we thought would happen like ten seasons ago! BUT, we are still here thanking SIERRA for having something to complain about.

Return to “General”