Help

Andy - Buffalo

Help

Postby Andy - Buffalo » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:52 am

So i bought the disk and tried to install the game - however when I click install - nothing happens.

Computer is a few months old so Windows 10 probably has something to do with it.

Ideas?

Andy

Charlie-49ers

Re: Help

Postby Charlie-49ers » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:25 am

Good morning Mr. Townsend. Your mission Andy, should you choose to accept it, is to load FBPro98 on your computer using Windows 10. I would suggest going back to basics! Restart the computer to clear out anything running in the background for which you might not be aware, then try the install again. If that works, do not forget to install the upgrade to the game. As always, should any member of the Bills be accidently retired by Rich or lost from the database, the Commissioner will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This posting will self-destruct in ten seconds.

Good luck Andy.

Jerry-Redskins

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:13 am

When I put it on this W10 machine, I opened file explorer and executed the setup install file and it installed no problem. I do have compatibility set to Windows 98/ Windows Me.
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Andy - Buffalo

Postby Andy - Buffalo » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:56 pm

Still getting nothing... I changed compatibility mode - and when I run the "Hike" (.exe) file... it starts then does nothing.

Bryan-Pittsburgh

Postby Bryan-Pittsburgh » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:16 pm

try downloading the ISO file from the PNFL site. double click the ISO file to mount it. Then double click on the set up file to install.

Andy - Buffalo

Postby Andy - Buffalo » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:42 pm

got it mounted - it lists right below the cd version in my tree.

I opened it and tried to run set up file - and get nothing still.

I have changed compatibility mode to windows 98/me; windows 8, windows 95 - cant get any of them to work.

:(

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:51 pm

No need to 'install' FBPRO98 anymore really. Go to this link, download the Win10 zip version, unzip it to the C drive, and it should work.

http://xfbsfootball.net/fbpro98.html
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Make sure you create a desktop shortcut to the Hike file and make sure you add the dash L to the properties and make sure you set Compatibility mode to: Windows 98 / Windows Me.

Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Return to “General”