Retirements/Anti-Aging System

James-Eagles

Re: Retirements/Anti-Aging System

Postby James-Eagles » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:13 pm

Mitch-Raiders wrote:@James - I might be misunderstanding the posts. However, I don't believe the transfers could happen with rookie players, only players in green or yellow. Rookies wouldn't be green or yellow.

I could be wrong but it still doesn't change the facts about there is no reason to add transfers.

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:40 pm

Of course it can't be rookies or young players.
Just Green/Yellow who by definition are older likely talented players since they reside on the 53 man roster.
And once they reach this age, aging even one season probably ends their career.

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:58 pm

Lions-James wrote:For everyone who need complication. I will send you some advance math problems for you do in the off-season. There is no reason to add transfers to this except to try to break the system. Owners need to stop looking at how they can abuse the system to be the system and start looking for what is good for this league.

As one of the owner who is for better or worst the one who keeps getting the most screwed by rule changes he supports. I think some of you need to start looking in the mirror and ask am I trying to work the rule to get an advantage or actually do what is best for the league.
Transfers rolls aren't need. There was no reason to add it except to be exploited.
This is the number one reason this league has lost all fun for me. Is the fact that so many of you are so obsessed of how you can change the rules to gain advantage you stop looking for what is best for the league. That goes for the top to the bottom team.

Reality every level of complication or step you add to something just makes it harder for people to join this league. The fact that we have people making rules because they can't figure how to beat a defense, manage a point and cap system, or need complexity to make it feel like they are doing something.

I support a cap when I had one of the most talent load teams all hitting their prime, I suggested removing contract when I have most contract year by a ton. I am pushing to remove cap and the need for points when I have the second lowest cap and almost double the points of any other owner.

I will be honest I am really close to say let the league die. That way Jerry, Justin and Thomas can trade Super Bowls and the rest of you keep bring up the cellar. Then we go from 8 active owner to 6 to 4 to 1 active during the season and the rest only playing in the playoffs. This is a hobby. Creating this system is like asking golfers to get there early mow, clean all the golf carts, etc. Stop making more work for whatever reason.

James, please look at the big picture. Season over season. I believe we have accomplished the goal of less work.
There is no cap = less work
The AA/Ret will be tied together = less work
The system that you designed is now in place and no coach has to do anything = less work
The transfers are optional. Use them, don't use them.
I am guilty, I added them in, blame me not all the coaches.
You guys all plead guilty for the cap implementation and how you were wrong.
Okay, let me be wrong. Let this play out. I will be tracking it.
If I feel its not working as I believe it will, I will be happy to eliminate it.
And I will admit I was wrong.

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:32 pm

From everything I'm reading, we are moving from lots of extra work to no work, unless the owner wants to put extra work on themselves.

Sounds pretty easy and good!

Let's come together and have some fun! Oakland plans to break up the NYJ, CHI, WASH Super Bowl party this season!
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:31 pm

Rich-League Officer wrote:James, please look at the big picture. Season over season. I believe we have accomplished the goal of less work.
There is no cap = less work
The AA/Ret will be tied together = less work
The system that you designed is now in place and no coach has to do anything = less work
The transfers are optional. Use them, don't use them.
I am guilty, I added them in, blame me not all the coaches.
You guys all plead guilty for the cap implementation and how you were wrong.
Okay, let me be wrong. Let this play out. I will be tracking it.
If I feel its not working as I believe it will, I will be happy to eliminate it.
And I will admit I was wrong.

Let me clear I call all owners out that ask for this option as putting the your own interest above the league. Any "optional" thing that can be abused or give an advantage in a competitive hobby and isn't optional. It is optional to do roster move or PPP in this league but anyone who doesn't do them isn't competitive. Using that word is just spin and blowing smoke up everyone's ***. I would ask to spot insulting everyone's intelligent and just admit. I need training wheels and something to abuse to have a shot to win. I am too worried about if my team loses someone important I won't be able to coach. I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if it was me. Even though it sometimes can seem that I can't see both sides. Anyone who has discussed these things with me knows I do look at both. The problem here is I don't see any other upside except selfishness and have to kiss selfish people's ***. I don't kiss ***. I rather do way with all anti-aging and unretirement over this BS and I wrote this and pushed for it.

That is my 2 cent way to take something someone actually took time to create and submit to help the league and corrupt it for your own selfish gain. I will submit my RMUpdate tomorrow but apart from that I think I will be taking a break from the forums.

I want to be clear I want to say I appreciate all the leadership and people who truly want what is best for the league. Thank you.

Rich-League Officer

Postby Rich-League Officer » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:43 pm

Your points have been noted but it's all me. I added it, I take the blame.
I will monitor it and if I am wrong, I will take it out and take the hit.

I still say it was a very productive offseason :)

Jerry-Redskins

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:49 am

I see some merit in what James is thinking. I do like the new principles tying the AA and retirement, but I do believe James is on to something about a small gap. I can see someone trying to make moves only to save a player, which is not the intent. I think we need to close that gap some, but overall I like where we are going.
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

tmurph-Jets

Postby tmurph-Jets » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:39 pm

I agree with Jerry.
I definitely see a couple areas where this could be exploited.
In general I really like this method for retirements/anti aging though.

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:58 pm

@Jerry and Thomas - are you 2 thinking only being able to transfer rolls of yellow players?

We could keep the current rules and you are only able to transfer rolls of other retired players.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Justin-Chicago

Postby Justin-Chicago » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:01 pm

couple questions:

At what juncture of the season will the physicals be taking place? If it coincides with training camp, or is before zero point FA bids are allowed, does that alleviate concerns about potential exploitation?

Will free agents each be receiving a physical also? Would it occur at the same juncture as rostered players? Does giving their physical later, say at the trade deadline, alleviate concerns about potential exploitation?

Return to “General”