XFBS News

Steve-LA Chargers

XFBS News

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Just like in the old forum, I'm creating a thread dedicated to the XFBS. I'll keep anything XFBS related here. If you don't like it, ignore it. :P

The XFBS has officially shrunk to 18 teams. You can see the new rosters here: http://www.xfbsfootball.net/reports/XFBS_rosters.htm

I still need to update schedules and the draft pool, but everything else is essentially current.

This link takes you to the XFBS website if you ever want to learn more about our college focused league: http://www.xfbsfootball.net/

If you are ever interested in joining, simply send an email to me at xfbscommish@gmail.com

Our play design rules are essentially the same as the PNFL, so you could conceivably simply use your PNFL profiles, plans and plays.

If you join, participation in the draft and training camp is obviously expected, but if you are too busy to scout every week, you can try to coast through the regular season on one set of PPPs (making occasional roster moves as needed). I'm fine with that. Best time to join is now when you can build your team!
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Steve-LA Chargers

Re: XFBS News

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:59 am

The XFBS has begun its draft for season 2025. Now, is a good time to join if anyone in the PNFL is considering it because you can shape your team to be yours. Just email me if interested in joining.

Our draft is done mainly via email, so it'll take some time to get to week 1. You'll have plenty of time to come up with PPPs you'd like to use. The XFBS also is a great way to test out PNFL plays you have never used.

If you are cringing at the idea that Justin (PNFL Chicago) is our two-time undefeated, defending champion (as Wyoming of all possible college teams), this is your chance to knock him off his pedestal. :D
Los Angeles Chargers

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:51 pm

Hello PNFL, we need your input. Please take this short survey to tell us what you think about the XFBS and joining the league. Current league members can take the survey too.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=DQSIkWdsW0yxEjajBLZtrQAAAAAAAAAAAAN__o5YCYFUQ1lESVVUUFZTMVBSQzVSOFFCQ1hNN1E2RS4u
Los Angeles Chargers

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:29 am

Hello PNFL,

Now is the best time to join the XFBS. We have finished Training Camp and are preparing for week 1 games.

We want more coaches! With the offseason over, all you would need to do is send in PPPs and make roster moves when needed.

We have survived a long time with a few human coaches, but losing Shawn and Dean hurt us a lot more than it did the PNFL. Our CPU teams are quite competitive, but it's simply more fun when there are more coaches in the league. Join us and make it more fun! Help us take down Justin!

Just like the PNFL, we have 18 teams with an 8 team playoff. We have 5 active coaches right now. Doing the obvious math, if only three new coaches joined, all three would most likely have a shot at the playoffs (assuming they each can handle our CPU teams and make the top 8 in the final rankings).

And keep in mind, you can simply use the PNFL playpool. We have our own playpool too, but if you want to go PNFL-play only to keep things simple, you can.

Here is some useful stuff to help you get started:

Email me at xfbscommish@gmail.com and tell me which team you want!
Los Angeles Chargers

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:02 am

XFBS Week 1 PPPs are due 8 am PDT, Sunday, September 8th. Yeah, I know, our schedule somehow got synced up with the PNFL.

There is still time to take an open team. If your favorite team is not in the league, there is still time to change any open team to your favorite college team. We allow team changes until week 1 kickoff. Notre Dame is about to get a new coach, so they are the only open team off limits right now.

Keep in mind, our regular season is far less demanding than the PNFL. The main difference between us and PNFL is you don't have to worry about your opponent scouting you to death every week. CPU teams obviously don't scout you. Our CPU teams are super tough, but once you figure them each out, it's a matter of only preparing for the big 'human' games every now and then.

And with six owners, you still have a good shot at the 8-team playoffs. The next two to join have a good shot at the playoffs. If we add three or more, then someone is a bubble team for sure.
Los Angeles Chargers

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:41 am

XFBS will be running week 1 games tonight. If anyone was considering joining, you still have time to join. All you have to do is take a team and send in week 1 PPPs. Email me at: xfbscommish@gmail.com

12 week season. 8 team playoff. Chance to take down Justin. Just do it!
Los Angeles Chargers

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:26 am

XFBS is going into week 2. There is still time to take an open team. We have a new coach for Notre Dame. He's totally new to the PNFL style of play but he's learning fast and won his week 1 game.

If you join, your time commitment is minor and ultimately up to you. All you would need to do is send in PPPs and roster moves as needed. You can even send in one set and ride them until week 12 and change up things if you make the playoffs. If you just want to use your PNFL stuff, you can. We set up our rules so that complying with PNFL rules automatically makes your PPPs comply with XFBS rules.

Even Rich is welcome to come out of retirement. :D You, Jerry and Charlie are so good at creating CPU PPPs for the PNFL, I don't see why you can't just take a team and send in a CPU-quality PPP even and let it ride to week 12 (and onward).

If you are ever interested in joining, simply send an email to me at: xfbscommish@gmail.com
Los Angeles Chargers

Steve-LA Chargers

XFBS LIVE GAME ALERT: #6 LSU @ #2 UCLA

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:46 pm

Watch it live on Twitch here: http://www.xfbsfootball.net/twitch.html
Los Angeles Chargers

Steve-LA Chargers

Re: XFBS LIVE GAME ALERT: #6 LSU @ #2 UCLA

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Watch the recording here: https://youtu.be/0mFIng05lVI

NOTE: Turn the sound off - apparently Twitch was open in a browser so the game sound was being echoed throughout.
Los Angeles Chargers

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:49 pm

The XFBS has begun its draft for season 2026. Now, is a good time to join if anyone in the PNFL is considering it because you can shape your team to be yours. Just email me if interested in joining.
Los Angeles Chargers

Return to “General”