Post Camp Rankings

Jerry-Redskins

Re: Post Camp Rankings

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:38 pm

You guys do know that Mitch knows the team and position things are entertainment and not exact right? He knows half the teams have no FB and teams have a million players at some positions. He's just putting out "relative" rankings for discussion. Relative rankings do still tell a story over time.

I think Rich's salary is similar to my draft and value ratings. It includes both weighted ACT and POT to create the rating that is then applied to the salary scales by the position. This means it is not the rating to set your line up by, but it is a reasonable ranking of the players for trades, resigning decisions, and FA. It's just another way to evaluate players within the roster management of the game and does give a relative talent level between teams. Last season I had a better number than Chicago, but Chicago had the better top end talent and I had the deeper roster. The team totals again are skewed by numbers at positions and things, but if you look at it over the seasons, it is probably 80% to 90% predictive of the teams that win the most. Sure lower salary teams win, but as I noted in an earlier post, it's no surprise that all these different ways to rate talent, while imperfect, show the same teams near the top and it also roughly corresponds to W's.................. :idea:
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:44 pm

Jerry-Redskins wrote:You guys do know that Mitch knows the team and position things are entertainment and not exact right? He knows half the teams have no FB and teams have a million players at some positions. He's just putting out "relative" rankings for discussion. Relative rankings do still tell a story over time.

Exactly... I'm just happy to know that regardless of who ranks the data, everyone thinks I have a Top 5 roster. Ha! :lol:
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Justin-Chicago

Postby Justin-Chicago » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:33 pm

Sometimes in the past, Rich would publish a list of the top 5 to 10 players at each position, around this juncture.

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:48 pm

Justin-Chicago wrote:Sometimes in the past, Rich would publish a list of the top 5 to 10 players at each position, around this juncture.

I'll post later tonight.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:19 pm

Nice to know that people think so highly of my team despite my poor performance the last few years. lol

Return to “Trash Talk”