QB Controversy in Atlanta

Dean-Atlanta

QB Controversy in Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:56 pm

There is no controversy. Long time former Green Bay QB Dak Prescott has come over in trade with Chicago to play his last few seasons as the starting QB for the Falcons. Playing most of his seasons for the Packers, Prescott completed 2442 passes of 4111 attempts (59.4 percent) for 25309 yards, 6.1 yards avg. with 158 TD, 84 INT and a 82.7 rating. playing in the Atlanta system, he should have some of his best seasons these last few at the end of his career. Ben DiNucci is a proven and capable starting QB and Hendon Hooker will get the job in the future.

Those looking for a QB controversy should look to other teams.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Steve-LA Chargers

Re: QB Controversy in Atlanta

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:35 pm

Good trade. Hope it works out. I tried to get him too. I might have a controversy between Lock and Kizer. I’ve been simming with both to see if Lock deserves a shot. I’ll know before game time but likely go with the heart of the team - Kizer. Otherwise Mitch will give us a lot of crap on the show.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:51 pm

@ Steve - didn't yiu originally draft Lock?
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Shawn-Giants

Postby Shawn-Giants » Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:20 pm

Lock is a solid backup, can perform well with an offense tailored to his abilities and a great option if your starter steps out for a series or two.

I found him playing erratic during the second half of games due to his low EN, when analyzing hundreds of sims compared to the starter and high fumble rate which with camps may improve

He did not get one snap last season backing up Daniel Jones.

@Dean DiNucci did well for you last season was a great pickup, Prescott is a good pickup also, your offense was functioning like a machine with DiNucci.

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:43 pm

Steve-LA Chargers wrote:Good trade. Hope it works out. I tried to get him too. I might have a controversy between Lock and Kizer. I’ve been simming with both to see if Lock deserves a shot. I’ll know before game time but likely go with the heart of the team - Kizer. Otherwise Mitch will give us a lot of crap on the show.

Higher EN, I suspect Kizer wins the job... He should be the better QB in the 4th quarter between the two
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:31 am

No QB controversy in LA. Kizer is our guy until he retires. Lock was originally drafted by the Jets in the 1st round. For the sake of fun, I might start Lock against his former teams though so he can get some payback. Worked for Justin last season. Might work for me.
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:36 am

If not for that trade DiNucci would be starting here as this is Captain Kirk's farewall tour season. We will miss him and all the fun you can have with that name, but it's time to move on. Lance will be our bridge to Howell.

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:25 pm

DiNucci was going to be the starter for ATL for this season, and was going to be thre bridge to Hendon Hooker, until the trade at the last minute for Dak Prescott. If you find that Trey Lance underperforms for you next season as he did in ATL, we could make a trade to send DiNucci back to play that role as bridge to Howell. he could miss that chance in ATL if Prescott passes his physical 1-2 more times.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

- Jerry Glanville

James-Eagles

Postby James-Eagles » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:34 am

Matt-Jacksonville wrote:If not for that trade DiNucci would be starting here as this is Captain Kirk's farewall tour season. We will miss him and all the fun you can have with that name, but it's time to move on. Lance will be our bridge to Howell.

Nice pick for Shawn back in the day. I ended up trading for him later. Not to bad of a career for a 5th round pick and 5th QB selected.
I hope he gets to play against Dak and beat him since Dak was the first QB selected that year.
He is also another one of the QBs that played under Dean. I am curious but not enough to look it up but what percent of starting QBs were on a roster iof a team Dean coached.

Return to “Trash Talk”