Last 2 playoff spots

Dean-Atlanta

Last 2 playoff spots

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:33 am

In the AFC, Jets, Chiefs, and Chargers are in

Colts lead the Vikings by one game, and are in if they win this weekend
If IND loses and MMIN wins, MIN is in via tie breaker

In the NFC, Cardinals, Redskins, and 49ers are in.

NO and NYG are tied at 7-8, ATL is 6-9

Giants win, Saints loss = Giants in
Saints win, Giants lose = Saints in

Giants and Saints tied at 8-8 = Saints in

Falcons win, Giants and Saints lose = chaos???
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Steve-LA Chargers

Re: Last 2 playoff spots

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:46 am

It’s conceivable that the Vikings get in if they win and the Chiefs lose. They would both finish with the same divisional record so the tiebreaker would be conference record which would go to Minnesota.

Also, Indy loses and Minnesota wins and KC wins, KC gets in and Minnesota gets in (because of their H2H victory over Indy).
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:12 am

My bets are that it is the Chiefs and Colts. Minnesota is going to find it hard to beat that tough Vegas team that Kizer had to come back and beat in the final 2 minutes. Neil is capable of playing a dangerous spoiler for sure. And the Colts play the Jags who were just obliterated by the 6-9 Patriots. What’s the Jag’s motivation at this point to even play spoiler? Can they even do it? I doubt it.

Plus, my only motivation to scout this week is to try to eliminate the Chiefs. I have to decide what’s more important- no Chiefs in the playoffs or resting all of my starters. And considering the Chiefs still get in if I beat them and both Indy and Minn lose, it may not matter for me to try. No matter what, I have to at least rest Kizer. He was shaken early in the Raiders game which was certainly a scare. Herbert was awful when he played against the Raiders in his place. I have to wonder if he can beat the Chiefs.
Los Angeles Chargers

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:14 am

Yeah Minnesota is in and KC is out with a Minnesota win and KC loss.

A New York N and New Orleans loss and Atlanta loss I believe puts New Orleans in as they won the H2H matchup and hold the div and conference tie breakers.

A New York N Win and New Orleans loss puts the Giants in.

A New York N Loss and New Orleans win puts the Saints in.

A New York N Loss, New Orleans loss, and Atlanta win should put Atlanta in I think. I'm not current with my three way tie breaker.

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:18 am

You're in a tough spot Steve. Would you rather play KC or Minnesota? It's tough to beat a team three times in the same season unless you are the 1999 Jags who only lost to one team all season, but that was three times to Tennessee twice in the regular season and one in the AFC Championship.

The motivation for Jacksonville against Indianapolis is that we need to figure out a way to beat them next season, so to that effect we need to at least collect enough data from this game to give us some answers going into the offseason.

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:30 am

If NO and NYG lose and ATL wins, ATL gets in because they have the H2H tiebreaker over NO and a better division record than NYG. There is still a tiny bit of hope for the Falcons.
Los Angeles Chargers

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:48 am

Matt-Jacksonville wrote:You're in a tough spot Steve. Would you rather play KC or Minnesota?.

I play the Chiefs in the first round if KC & MIN get in OR if KC and IND get in and KC wins and IND loses this week. I think I just convinced myself to try to eliminate the Chiefs myself this week. Even if I have to do it with QB Herbert.
Los Angeles Chargers

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:01 pm

I don't see KC AND Minnesota getting in at this point. Assuming I lose next week Indy is a lock. This only leaves one spot.

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:10 am

Deafening silence from Mitch. Have to wonder what he's cooking up for the game vs. the Chargers. And, will the Cardinals start Justin Fields this weekend?
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:21 am

Is there a game this week? I thought the season ended 3 weeks ago. ;)
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Return to “Trash Talk”