Those hours invested in creating news plays...

Shawn-Giants

Re: Those hours invested in creating news plays...

Postby Shawn-Giants » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:59 pm

I agree with Dean and Charlie to an extent, I feel like the over reaction wasn't necessary, misunderstandings should not lead to new rules, if anything these rules will usher in the stock gameplans era where everyone running around with the same gameplans because there's not enough new plays.

Where are here to compete and have a good time, not emotional drama based off misunderstandings. Should always be a happy medium, there's 1500 plays in the play pool, the odds of creating a vastly unique 1501 play that doesn't resemble or have the same core concept of the already 1500 in the playpool is a stretch.

The intricate details is what makes the play different from each other, and the data shows this as a result.

Let's keep the main thing the main thing and deviate from the emotional over reactions.

Shawn-Giants

Postby Shawn-Giants » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:05 pm

Rich-League Officer wrote:It sounds to me like the real objection is the "clone"
If the new play you create is a tweek of a play we already have and it improves it, then why can't we delete the old one?
Or better yet, why can't you just edit the stuff you already submitted.
We do not need all these new plays each week.
What is needed is for you and the other creators to fix their bad plays already in the pool.

If it were up to me, I would place a moratorium on ALL new custom plays.
If you want to edit existing plays, have at it.

As for the other rules, having them by Wednesday is reasonable since if everyone has forgotten, Charlie is supposed to be coaching the 49ers.
On the "you must use" rule. I'm neutral on this. A case can be made the quicker its in the pool, the quicker other coaches get to use it.
I would be more than happy to dump that rule if we adopted my moratorium on new plays and you can only edit existing plays.

But, at the end of the day....Charlie is the one who spends hours making sure the plays are legit.
I support whatever he wants to do since its his time.
I would not react well if coaches started telling me that I need to play the games when they decide they want them played.
We are all giving up time that could be better utilized and while I appreciate Dean's passion, Charlie has been the gatekeeper for 24 years when it comes to custom plays.

Great points Rich. The whole you must use part is the thing that felt like an over reach to me. Everything else Im cool with and Yes Charlie does have a team he needs to coach and Gameplan with and not inundate him with new play reviewal.

Let's keep the main thing the main thing.

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:24 pm

I can easily buy into tweaking your own plays each week (still only eight, four on each side of the ball) and compromise, eliminating the requirement to use them that week. If you really think that you have something unique, I will seriously consider something new. Are we satisfied?

Now, if I lose to the Commanders this week I am going to be pissed again because of all the distractions. :P

Jerry-Redskins

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:28 pm

Prepare to be pissed :twisted: Actually not sure about this week. I tweaked more than normal to change up some things. looking forward to see if I'm on the right track
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Steve-LA Chargers

Postby Steve-LA Chargers » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:36 pm

Charlie-49ers wrote:New Draconian Custom Play Rules effective Week #7:

1) Plays must be submitted by Wednesday midnight (east coast). No exceptions!
2) If you submit and have plays approved for a week, those plays must be in your game plans.
3) Appropriate penalties will apply if you violate Rule #2.

4) If someone thinks of something else necessary for Custom Rules, let me know.

I fully endorse this message. :twisted:
Los Angeles Chargers
2041 Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Former commish of the XFBS, XFL, and CCFL

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:57 pm

Is Jerry's team the Commanders or the Redskins? Maybe someone with the PNFL News should do some investigating reporting on this issue...

Charlie-49ers wrote:I can easily buy into tweaking your own plays each week (still only eight, four on each side of the ball) and compromise, eliminating the requirement to use them that week. If you really think that you have something unique, I will seriously consider something new. Are we satisfied?

Now, if I lose to the Commanders this week I am going to be pissed again because of all the distractions. :P
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Shawn-Giants

Postby Shawn-Giants » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:03 pm

#2 Is a Bush League rule, I doubt Roger Goodell is telling NFL Coaches what to do with their new installs, it's a clear over reach and reduces the strategic aspect of creating new plays.

Dean-Atlanta

Postby Dean-Atlanta » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:15 pm

Shawn-Giants wrote:#2 Is a Bush League rule, I doubt Roger Goodell is telling NFL Coaches what to do with their new installs, it's a clear over reach and reduces the strategic aspect of creating new plays.

100 percent. We are supposed to be emulating the NFL and embracing realism? Adding further rules restricting game planning decisions like this is not realism and certainly not emulating the NFL.
Dean
The Atlanta Falcons

"We may win big or lose big, but we don't dodge anybody and we don't makes excuses when we lose."
- Jerry Glanville

Shawn-Giants

Postby Shawn-Giants » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:49 pm

Guys this is Goodell, I've been watching your warm ups from the Skybox and seen that you have 4 news plays, you better use them or I'm going to penalize you for practicing it and not using it. Good luck. Goodell out.

Charlie-49ers

Postby Charlie-49ers » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:05 pm

Hay, knock the shit off with the derogatory comments! I already said that I would back off the use rule, but we only tweak existing plays.

Return to “Trash Talk”