PPP Issues

This forum is dedicated to sharing tips, tricks and best practices for everything FbPro98
Jerry-Redskins

PPP Issues

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:56 pm

Please take an extra 10 minutes before zipping your PPP's to click through the 90% of the game calls to see if the copy click demon hit you or an actual copy issue exists. If you use the copy feature, you have to go back and check. None of us are perfect, but a few large set of profile errors recently across multiple teams.

With more than 5 minutes to go running through 1 and 6-10 for the three field position areas not in the 5 yard goal lines and then all 4 of the 2nd down yards to go, will catch the error for the vast majority of the game calls. Only just over 100 clicks each profile. Takes 10 minutes and may catch not only the illegal issues, but messed up legal calls to don't want.
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Jerry-Redskins

Re: PPP Issues

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:29 pm

My typo's are bad above..........
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:26 pm

I agree, Jerry. Also, please read the rules and ask questions. I still run into questions I have to reach out for clarification on.

I'm seeing more and more use of Razz Dazz pass offenses being used on early downs which is a violation. With the heavy use of the "50 yard T route lobs", its making an impact during parts of the game that it shouldn't.
AFC West Champion 2038, 2039, 2041, 2043
AFC Champion 2043

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:45 pm

If we are going to start calling this out and cracking down on it (which I'm not necessarily against), then we need to make sure the rules are clear on what is supposed to be called when. The way the rules are written is a hot mess that is unclear.

For Example:

3rd down 2-5 yds
inside DEF 5 RM RL RR / PSR PMR PLR PSL PML PSM PMM / GLP GLR / PRD
between 5-5 RM RL RR / PSR (MANDATORY) PMR PLR PSL PML PSM PMM / GLP GLR / PRD
inside OFF 5 RM RL RR / PSR PMR PLR PSL PML PSM PMM / GLP GLR / PRD

Ok between the 5's we can choose RM RL RR for one category ok, but for the second category it says PSR is mandatory? Ok if it's mandatory what are the other categories there for? If PSR is mandatory, then why would we need the other PMR PLR PSL PML PSM PMM ? Also if we include PRD in this that's four categories for three slots??? It'd be awesome if we had four options, but I can only realistically use three.

I'm not against restricting the play calling a bit, but we need to be clear on what can and can't be done. Also, I'm not in favor of not allowing the longer passes on 1st down. It isn't completely unrealistic to see a team take a shot downfield on 1st down or even 2nd down. A case can be made to use PLR there instead of PRD though.

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:55 pm

@Matt - PSR is mandatory in 3 & 2-5 situations. However, you can weight it as low as 1 and leverage 2 other play types more heavily.

The way it's written, 3 & 2-5 is pretty much wide open for any play type.
AFC Champion 2043

Jerry-Redskins

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:17 pm

The rules have the actual list of allowed play calls. Pretty doggone easy along with the actual play names. There are shots down the field on 1st down already built into the existing plays. Just not the primary read, but they are there. Nothing wrong with the current rules. Just attention to detail as we are all human and thus imperfect. I posted as there has been an increase in large profile errors rather than just the occasional one.
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:50 pm

@Mitch Yes, but the way it's written you are to use the play types as delimited by the "/"

So in this situation you would have the options of
Between the 5's
RM RL RR = Category 1
PSR = Mandatory Category 2
GLP GLR Category 3

PRD is a fourth category that we have no option of using here

So what is it? Is it use only what is within the groupings delimited by the "/" OR anything on that line is fair game?
IE
PSR = mandatory
Use any other option listed for the other two categories (RM RL RR PMR PLR PSL PML PSM PMM GLP GLR PRD)

or

RM RL RR = Category 1
PSR = Mandatory Category 2
GLP GLR Category 3

If the second is the case then the extra play types with PSR are cluttering up the rule and making it unclear, also what would you do with PRD in this situation?

Jerry-Redskins

Postby Jerry-Redskins » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:59 pm

It has every play in the list as eligible. There is nothing special about the / other then it is separating type of plays (Run/Pass/Goal line/ Razzle) One category has to be PSR. The other two are your choice from every category listed.

between 5-5 RM RL RR / PSR (MANDATORY) PMR PLR PSL PML PSM PMM / GLP GLR / PRD
2013, 2036 PNFL Champion

Mitch-Oilers

Postby Mitch-Oilers » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:06 pm

@Jerry - That's how I've always interpreted it.
AFC Champion 2043

Matt-Jacksonville

Postby Matt-Jacksonville » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:48 pm

Not really how I interpreted it. I always interpreted it as you had only what was inside the / to pick from.

Good to know. Thanks for the clarification guys.

Return to “Coach's Corner”